• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sync Jira Issue to Salesforce

Hi, 

I'm trying to create my rest API on Salesforce to sync "bug" cases to Jira issues. 

I was researching some solutions and found ServiceRocket Connector for Salesforce and Jira (Cloud), which seems good, but I wanna check if it could be done developing a simple REST API, since my main requirements are simple:

• Create case on SF -> create Jira issue. (for now unidirecional)
  • Change status on Jira -> change case status on salesforce
  • Syncing fields (custom fields or description from one side to another)

Create a Jira issue from salesforce seems not so hard. Even attachs or comments it seems to be possible (using this documentation  https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/ )

But I'm not getting how to change my case status when my jira status changes. It will be necessary a connector or plugin on Jira? 

3 answers

2 accepted

Hi @Pedro Caetano

I think your research brought you to the right place!  Our Connector for Salesforce & Jira Cloud can do all that you have listed.  Here's some more detail:

• You can automatically create a Jira issue when a new Case is created by following the instructions in the Connector Documentation.  This link contains several articles on automation using Apex Triggers.  
  • Changing your SF status from Jira is also possible.   This can be done through Field Mappings by mapping your Jira Status to your SF Status.  Make sure you value map the status values in case they differ from one another.
  • Again this can be done through Field Mapping.  You can map your default and custom fields from either platform in either direction (Bidirectional, inbound, or outbound).  Note that not all field types are compatible.  We provide a handy dandy Field Type Compatibility Guide to help you with this. 

Attachments and Comments are handled separately from Field Mappings.  These can be configured from the Connector Settings in Jira.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Pablo Gamblin

ServiceRocket Apps Support

Hi Pablo, 

The tool seems very good. I was configuring when you were answering. I'm still testing

1. I've tested the field mapping. I was able even to edit map field value mapping
  2. On files - I was able to upload both pdf and .png from Jira and it appear on SF. The opposite I was not able to do it
  3. Comments I could also syncronize. Seems good. Is it possible to answer SF comments on JIRA? 
  4. I'm having some trouble only on Mapping my Process field on Salesforce to the Components field (which I use to configure the teams responsible for every process). I've notice the components field is an array. It could be an issue?

I notice it's also possible to automate the issue Jira creation on a SF trigger. That will be great. Is it possible to configure the Jira issue created to automaticly assign to the current sprint?

Hey Pedro,

Just as an FYI, our company is using this product to connect Jira with Salesforce. Everything is synchronized in real-time and updates from one system to the other are created. I believe all their integrations are bi-directional.

Check it out, if it as of any help.

Best,

Eric

0 votes
Answer accepted
Majken Longlade Community Leader Apr 07, 2020

To make a change on the Salesforce side, you'll need to work with the Salesforce API. It's simple enough to have data move from one to the other, but a bidirectional sync is going to be more complicated.

Hi Majken,

Yeah the API to use on Salesforce seems easy and with the possibility to do many things.

But I was not clarified about the Jira to SF. It's necessary to create another Rest API from Jira, to use a Post method on Salesforce? Seems strange. And where I could develop that using Jira cloud? 

Or could be added an addon where my Salesforce is hearing JIRA changes?

Sorry if I'm confusing too much

Majken Longlade Community Leader Apr 09, 2020

Hi Pedro,

Not confusing, but it's getting out of my depth. Webhooks may be the magic word here if you want to do it yourself. I tend to prefer apps as someone else is responsible for maintenance as well.

Hi @Pedro Caetano 

You can give it a try on Sinergify - A Salesforce Jira Connector.

I hope it helps. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,047 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you