Sync Jira Issue to Salesforce

Pedro Caetano April 7, 2020

Hi, 

I'm trying to create my rest API on Salesforce to sync "bug" cases to Jira issues. 

I was researching some solutions and found ServiceRocket Connector for Salesforce and Jira (Cloud), which seems good, but I wanna check if it could be done developing a simple REST API, since my main requirements are simple:

• Create case on SF -> create Jira issue. (for now unidirecional)
  • Change status on Jira -> change case status on salesforce
  • Syncing fields (custom fields or description from one side to another)

Create a Jira issue from salesforce seems not so hard. Even attachs or comments it seems to be possible (using this documentation  https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/ )

But I'm not getting how to change my case status when my jira status changes. It will be necessary a connector or plugin on Jira? 

5 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Pablo Gamblin _ServiceRocket_ April 7, 2020

Hi @Pedro Caetano

I think your research brought you to the right place!  Our Connector for Salesforce & Jira Cloud can do all that you have listed.  Here's some more detail:

• You can automatically create a Jira issue when a new Case is created by following the instructions in the Connector Documentation.  This link contains several articles on automation using Apex Triggers.  
  • Changing your SF status from Jira is also possible.   This can be done through Field Mappings by mapping your Jira Status to your SF Status.  Make sure you value map the status values in case they differ from one another.
  • Again this can be done through Field Mapping.  You can map your default and custom fields from either platform in either direction (Bidirectional, inbound, or outbound).  Note that not all field types are compatible.  We provide a handy dandy Field Type Compatibility Guide to help you with this. 

Attachments and Comments are handled separately from Field Mappings.  These can be configured from the Connector Settings in Jira.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Pablo Gamblin

ServiceRocket Apps Support

Hi Pablo, 

The tool seems very good. I was configuring when you were answering. I'm still testing

1. I've tested the field mapping. I was able even to edit map field value mapping
  2. On files - I was able to upload both pdf and .png from Jira and it appear on SF. The opposite I was not able to do it
  3. Comments I could also syncronize. Seems good. Is it possible to answer SF comments on JIRA? 
  4. I'm having some trouble only on Mapping my Process field on Salesforce to the Components field (which I use to configure the teams responsible for every process). I've notice the components field is an array. It could be an issue?

I notice it's also possible to automate the issue Jira creation on a SF trigger. That will be great. Is it possible to configure the Jira issue created to automaticly assign to the current sprint?

Eric Smith February 16, 2021

Hey Pedro,

Just as an FYI, our company is using this product to connect Jira with Salesforce. Everything is synchronized in real-time and updates from one system to the other are created. I believe all their integrations are bi-directional.

Check it out, if it as of any help.

Best,

Eric

0 votes
Answer accepted
Majken Longlade
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2020

To make a change on the Salesforce side, you'll need to work with the Salesforce API. It's simple enough to have data move from one to the other, but a bidirectional sync is going to be more complicated.

Hi Majken,

Yeah the API to use on Salesforce seems easy and with the possibility to do many things.

But I was not clarified about the Jira to SF. It's necessary to create another Rest API from Jira, to use a Post method on Salesforce? Seems strange. And where I could develop that using Jira cloud? 

Or could be added an addon where my Salesforce is hearing JIRA changes?

Sorry if I'm confusing too much

Majken Longlade
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2020

Hi Pedro,

Not confusing, but it's getting out of my depth. Webhooks may be the magic word here if you want to do it yourself. I tend to prefer apps as someone else is responsible for maintenance as well.

1 vote
Shubham Gupta April 14, 2020

Hi @Pedro Caetano 

You can give it a try on Sinergify - A Salesforce Jira Connector.

I hope it helps. 

0 votes
Kiersti Felska November 2, 2022

Additional Question here: We would like our case status be set to "updated" when a jira comment is inserted from Jira into the associated case. We are not using "status field" mappings due to other configurations in our SFDC instance. All we have service rocket do is associate the ticket and then feed all comments or attachments on the Jira ticket back to the associated SFDC case. What is the best way for me to setup this up?

0 votes
Koon10 May 18, 2021

Hi guys could you please tell me what I need to do for syncing of attachments of JIRA issue from JIRA to Salesforce

Shubham Gupta May 18, 2021

Hi @Koon10 

Yes this is can be achieved by using the connector available for Salesforce and Jira integration, It enable seamless, secure two-way flow of information and data with Auto-syncing of attachments and comments.

I hope it helps!

Koon10 May 27, 2021

Hi @Shubham Gupta 

Thanks for the Response.

Actually I am using JIRA APIs, the issues are being synced correctly. Could You please tell me how can I get JIRA issue attachment in Salesforce using the API.?

Thanks

Like Ansar Rezaei likes this
Shubham Gupta May 27, 2021

Hi @Koon10 

Hope you are doing good!

I have an idea for  the integration that takes place with the help of connector. if you are doing it of your own with api's and custome integration then I will not be able to answer  this. I hope someone here can difinately help you with this..

Wish you luck, thanks

Shubham

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2022

@Koon10 Hi
If it's possible, could you share your method in more detail?
I want to do the same and I need the API details on both sides. If you can share some documents also, it would be helpful

Thanks in advances

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events