Straight Instructions for JIRA on Tom cat

Scott Oliver July 24, 2017

Ok I have been at this for a while. I am having all type of issues. JIRA and JAVA installed on windows 2012r2. On its nown drive so E drive instead of C: the rest of the apth is the same. I cannot get JAVA_HOME variable set jira says its the wrong version. I finnally got the Keystore cert imported and the JIRA config tool takes it but I try to start the service it bombs out. I am thinking now its a tom cat issue. I cannot find a straigt answer to this can someome please assist here?

6 answers

0 votes

Now I am just getting an cert error but I will figure that out.

0 votes

OK I am up and running. After adding the tomcat-native files so the location it was looking at it now works.. The error I got above was because I forgot to add the domain at the end of the connection string.

0 votes

OK now heres the issue I downloaded the tomcat lib files and driver it was expecting. All the erros have went away except for one. Now I am getting

Followed this article and this bug. It does not say where to add the  disableSessionTickets="true"  I assumed in the connectorin in the server.xml. That did not work Any thoughts?

WARNING [https-openssl-nio-443-exec-10] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessor.populateSslRequestAttributes Exception getting SSL attributes
java.lang.IllegalStateException: SSL session ID not available
0 votes

Whats the best way to post the data in there. It wont let me says its spam?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2017

Will it let you if you click on Formats>Code Block and paste in there?

No still says spam

I changed the protocol to protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol". Now the service will start but I am getting this error. in a browser

JIRA — Internal Server Error

JIRA — Internal Server Error

Error reference: 081cc7f3-9a97-4a72-bef5-df9447a7273a

Unable to render full error details at this time. Please consult the error logs for more information.

still getting this error.

24-Jul-2017 14:12:00.700 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: E:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;;.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2017

Catalina will do, but it's concerning you can't find the home-folder/log/atlassian-jira.log file. Can you post the errors that occur during startup from the catalina.log file?

I think this is why 

24-Jul-2017 13:07:01.710 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: E:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;;.

24-Jul-2017 13:50:14.438 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start The required Server component failed to start so Tomcat is unable to start.
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardServer[8005]]
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:167)

I changed the path environment variable and added te Jira jre location. Now that went away and I am getting this for every property in the connector string in the server.xml 

24-Jul-2017 14:02:36.790 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'SSLEnabled' to 'true' did not find a matching property.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2017

Can you provide error logs?

Yeah whick one will be the most helpful

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2017

The application-home log. This is usually located in /atlassian/application-data/jira/log/atlassian-jira.log

I dont have that log 

catalina.2017-07-24

commons-daemon.2017-07-24

jirasoftware240117124058-stderr.2017-07-24

host-manager.2017-07-24

jirasoftware240117124058-stdout.2017-07-24

localhost.2017-07-24

manager.2017-07-24

those are what in there.

Suggest an answer