Story Point Count

Marlin J_ Melendez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

Hello, I am a User of the Jira Software installed on our Data Center.
I am looking for a way to have a quick gadget in my dashboard that tracks the count of estimated story points for the total active projects on a sprint.

I know the JIRA cloud software offers many apps that does this but my company does not offer the cloud.

It takes lots of ticket tracking and manual adding to calculate the points on each sprint so I was wondering if there is a workaround?

2 answers

1 vote
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

HI @Marlin J_ Melendez 

Have you try the "Sprint Health Gadget" gadget to have the amount of Story points by Sprint ?

You could also use third party apps such as Structure to have for all of you projects, issues grouped by Sprint and displaying the Sum of story point by Sprint.

Using the Sprint Health Gadget | Atlassian Support | Atlassian Documentation

Regards

Marlin J_ Melendez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

yes I have the sprint Health Gadget but what I need is just me and my direct reports point tracking.

How do I use the structure app, even if I have the server and not the cloud?

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 2.07.28 PM.png

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

So you just want the Story Points for Sprint but only for Tasks you are assigned to ?

It's the same system between DataCenter/Server Cloud instance. You can find, test and purchase apps that are listed in the marketplace. Usually apps are requested to JIRA admin in your company and they should have a internal policy toward App subject.

Explore apps for Atlassian products | Atlassian Marketplace

Regards

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

Hi @Marlin J_ Melendez,

This can be achieved by using the Pivot Table & Pivot Chart  gadget offered by our Great Gadgets app. 

image.png

With this gadget you can easily create (with drag & drop) multi-dimensional tables and charts based on Jira data.

You could start with 1-month of free trial. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Hope this helps.

Danut.

Suggest an answer