Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on the following issues

Edited

Hi,

I have  have all the sub task moved to done and the resolution also set to done , however I am getting the following message. Iroder to check that I have executed the following query and returner nothing . What is the other reason of this message?

Issue Type in (subtask) Project = xxxxxxxx AND Sprint = nn and resolution is EMPTY

Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on the following issues

And all the stories which are in my sprint are showing in the issue. 

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

Could you try this?

Go to your board and look at the last column.  Ideally, open up the config of the board to do this, but what we need to do is find out what status are in that column.  Just the very last column.  Often, it's only one status, but we need to check all that might be in it.

Now run the search

Project = xxxxxxxxx and status not in ("status in the last column")

The result of this search will be the issues (of any type) blocking sprint completion.

Thanks Nic.  The error message was saying '

Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on the following issues'

and there was no sub task without completing status and the resolution empty.. It was due to one green status(cancelled) was in left side and there was no story or task under that status.. Still it was showing a incorrect error message. Once I remove that  cancelled status  from the left side of the board , it resolved. This error message mislead the actual problem .

It's not really "misleading", it's telling you the truth.  You have incomplete issues because they're not in the last column.  It's just not pointing out that it is your config causing the problem rather than the data.

Like KANE Racine Mamadou likes this

I did not have any incomplete issues under that status not only for the sprint but also for the entire back log.. However it was saying the misleading message 

Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on the following issues.

It was just one green status was not in the right most column  and that green status was not having any issues, including sub tasks.

Yes, you did have incomplete subtasks, because you had put them in a not-done column (not the last one on the board)

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @unnikrishnan  can you try this one may be your resolution part is not working well check the status too.

Issue Type in (subtask) Project = xxxxxxxx AND Sprint = nn and status=! done and resolution is EMPTY

Thanks for the response .

As per my query , if the resolution is empty  irrespective of the task status ,it should pick rt..

Issue Type in (subtask) Project = xxxxxxxx AND Sprint = nn and resolution is EMPTY

I tried with your query as well and no result. Entire set of stories in the sprints shows under this error message. not just one or 2. 

i have tryed all this but still error.

i made all the issue in a sprint to closed.

and resolution to done.

then also same error can any one help me

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

871 views 25 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you