Sorting by EPIC and assigned STORIES

Matt Alford April 4, 2019

Hi,

I'm new here (first post).  I want to view a list of EPICS followed by the STORIES that are assigned to the EPIC:

EPIC 1

STORY 1 (assigned to EPIC 1)

STORY 2 (assigned to EPIC 1)

EPIC 2

STORY 1 (assigned to EPIC 2)

etc..

How do I make that happen?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mario Carabelli
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

Hi @Matt Alford and welcome to the community!

If you view an Issue of the type Epic you will see a list of stories associated to this one Epic.

To get an overview like you described you would create a Board for your project (start with a Kanban Board which easier to understand) by clicking on the top left of your project view on Boards and then on create boards.

On the top right side of tge Board click on configure board. If you then go to the options swimlanes you can choose Epics in the dropdown field.

If you now go back toyourBoard you will have a view of your stories sorted by Epics.

With kind regards

Mario

Matt Alford April 4, 2019

That's helpful, thanks!

Mario Carabelli
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

Glad I could help you.

Suggest an answer