Smart Commits not working with Jira Software Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud

David_Backstein August 7, 2017

We have successfuly "linked" Jira Software with our Cloud Bitbucket Cloud via DVCS. The integration itself works as we can see the commits on "development panel on issues".

We followed the documentation as:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/connect-jira-cloud-to-bitbucket-cloud-814188428.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/processing-jira-software-issues-with-smart-commit-messages-298979931.html#id-_smart_commits_commands1-comment

However, the commit comments are not beeing attached to the referenced issue by Jira. For example:

Jira ticket name: PSOLR-317

And log commit with the following message:

"ignored1 PSOLR-317 ignored2 #comment visible text"

We can't see a the comment "visible text" on this issue.

The git user mail address is equal to the jira user mail adress. 

Any advise?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2017

Hi David, you're using the right structure for your messages. Can you  confirm that Smart commits are enabled as per Enabling DVCS smart commits.

If they're enabled, it could be that you're running into DVCS Smart commits not working due to user not found via email or JIRA Cloud commits not showing up. Please check the possible causes outlined in those articles and see if any of them applies to your case.

Let us know if that solved your issue!

Best regards,

Ana

David_Backstein August 8, 2017

Hi Ana,

I followed your links once again and after manually synchronizing the repository (with Shift + Left click) to enforce a Full synchronization, the smart commits are now working correctly.

Thanks.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2017

That's great, David! Glad I could help :)

Jaime Silva November 23, 2018

I have followed the manuals and have logged in to Jira Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud with the same email. 

Commits are also made with the same email.

Commits are shown in "Related commits" but can't get Smart Commit working.

Have checked and Smart Commits is enabled for the repository.

I have also checked and my user is able to comment and log time.

I can not figure out what is wrong!

eaigner October 29, 2021

Also cant get smart commits to work. Tried everything under the sun.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer