Show Epic Completion as Percentage

Wansze Kong February 4, 2020

We have a user that would like to have the ability to view their Epic completion as a percentage.  We have evaluated Epic Sum Up in the past and a progress bar is provided, but not an actual percentage.  We are also in the process of purchasing Portfolio for Jira.  Does this app include this feature?  If so, how would we go about setting this up?  Is this a global or per plan/project setting?  Please advise.

3 answers

3 votes
Zaur Suleymanov April 7, 2021

Though I appreciate other add-on offers, it would be much better to have this very simple and basic integration between Jira and Confluence by default, when you can just link and display the execution bar from Epic in the Confluence document. 

0 votes
Vijay Parpyani November 21, 2022

Alternatively, you can write a simple python script to get this done. I am successfully running this for my current project, it gives me a collective consolidated view on all EPICs with their percentage completion in one click.

Wansze Kong November 23, 2022

Would you be able to provide us with a the script that you use as well as how you apply the script for our review?  Thank you!

VIjay Parpyani November 23, 2022

Surely, I can help, no worries.

Here is my LinkedIn profile, we can connect from there.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vijay-parpyani-400b5332/

0 votes
Siri Nama April 22, 2020

Hi Wansze Kong,

The New Jira Issue view has the ability to show percentage completion of an epic. You can enable this view in Personal Jira settings.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.34.56 AM.png

Wansze Kong May 21, 2020

Which version of Jira are you running to allow this view to appear?  Can you link me to the instructions to enable this view in my personal Jira settings?

Thank you,

Wansze Kong-Chan

Siri Nama May 22, 2020

Hi,
I use Jira Cloud. I believe you're on server? My apologies, I just noticed the tag on your question.

Wansze Kong May 27, 2020

Hello Siri_Name,

No worries.  I really wish this feature can be applied to Server.

Thank you,

Wansze Kong-Chan

francis.k September 25, 2020

Does anyone know how this percentage is calculated?

Fanny JACOB October 11, 2020

task done/ tasks to do

Not based on original estimates.

Not that useful..

Like francis.k likes this
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 11, 2020

Hi All,

You might want to try out the server addon

Agile Tools - Epic Tree and Time in Status 

It will provide you the below features

• Sum up your Epic's Time Spent, Original Estimate, Time Remaining, and Percent Complete
  • Display and manage Sprint/Epics/Issues of your project
  • Edit Issue summary, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree with real time updates in the progress
  • Rolled up percentage completion and at issue level as well
  • JQL based Time in Status Report

Sprint Screen_Hierarchy.PNG

Fanny JACOB October 11, 2020

unfortunately not available in Jira Cloud

Shaili_RVS_Support December 6, 2020

Hi @Fanny JACOB 

The add-on is now available on Jira cloud .You might want to try it out.

Agile Tools - Epic Tree and Time in Status 

Thanks

mani789naidu May 24, 2021

@Siri Nama Could you please tell me the procedure how dd you do that from personal settings, i tried my best but unfortunately, i didn't find anything 

Vijay Shanmugam August 29, 2022

@Siri Nama Are you using any plugins/add-ons to achieve the same?

Suggest an answer