Should Development Tools work after maintenance license expiration?

arthur karton February 20, 2024

Hello,

Our Jira license expired - we have not yet migrated to Cloud, etc. - and our Development Tools stopped working. We cannot see Project Settings -> Development Tools, and the Development Panel does not show on Issues. Both worked before. Just before the license expiration, we updated to v9.12.2, i.e. to the last possible version. Not sure which caused the problem - the update or the maintenance expiration.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Arthur

1 answer

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

Hi @arthur karton As per the server licenses behavior once the license is expired you can still use your application without any issues, for expired licenses Atlassian does not provide any support and you will not able to update to the new version if you license is expired, but as you mentioned you updated the Jira to version 9.12.2 before the license expiry did you check if your DVCS connection is working after the update or not.

Also, are you able to reproduce the issue on lower instance to confirm if the issue is with license or upgrade.

arthur karton February 23, 2024

Hi Sagar,

We have not tried downgrading to see if it is a version issue. We asked the question first, i.e. to see if it should be working or not.

Development Integration plugin is showing all 136 modules enabled
DVCS Connector plugin is showing all 33 modules enabled (we dont use Bitbucket Cloud either, but Bitbucket self-hosted)

A two-way link between Jira and Bitbucket is showing as Connected

I dont think it is a connection issue because I dont even see Development Tools under Project Settings - and I am both jira-admin and project admin. Nor is adding Development Panel to issue configuration available (it should actually still be there from before).

So, it appears Development Tools are not being enabled even though the plugin is enabled. I dont know what else to check to see why this is so.

Like Sabine Mayer likes this
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2024

@arthur karton I didn't recommend to downgrade the instance to check if it's version issue or not, I suggested to check on lower instance if the same issue persists there or not with the same Jira version, as you mentioned that all modules in DVCS plugin is enabled it may be something different issue and only application logs need to be checked to find the exact cause.

If you didn't find any in the application logs then I may need to check with Atlassian support on https://support.atlassian.com

arthur karton February 25, 2024

Hi,

I dont see anything in any of the logs that is significant.

I am not sure what you mean by a 'lower instance'. A lower instance of what, if you dont mean Jira?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events