Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Search for EPICS with no stories

TEMPVIMAE I'm New Here Jun 15, 2021

Can I write a JQL for getting all the EPICS in the project that do not have stories under them.

3 answers

3 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 15, 2021 • edited

Not without an add-on. For example Scriptrunner provides the following option…

Issuetype = epic  and issuefunction not in haslinktype (“epic-story link”)

Hi @TEMPVIMAE  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How often do you need to do this, and do you have funds to purchase marketplace addons?

• When you need this once: consider exporting your issues to a spreadsheet and perform the comparison there
  • When you need this often and have funds for addons: consider marketplace addons like @Jack suggests
  • When you need this often and do not have funds: consider using a scheduled automation rule to either count the children and email you, or add the count to a custom field in the epic and then you can report on it later with JQL

Best regards,

Bill

Vanilla JQL doesn't support it. You can export your issues to spreadsheet and process the data there. Obviously it only works for one off jobs.

You can find such epics with our app JQL Search Extensions.

If you install it you'll be able to perform this search:

issuesInEpicCount = 0

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

703 views 2 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you