Screen to be created prior project import on jira?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

Hi

I have a few projects to import from one jira instance to another. On my source instance I have about 20 custom fields mapped to various screens.

I understand that I need to re-create custom fields and custom field configurations prior to project import. My question is

a)do I need to re-create the screens on my target instance

b) do i need to map those screens to the custom fields as a mandatory pre-requisite.

Please note that on the documentation on project import it is mentioned that screen schemes and issue type screen scheme need not be re-created prior project import as a mandatory pre-requisite.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

You don't need screens. The import will just import the data to the fields and how and where it appears in target system is determined by target system's screen schemes. Test one project though ;)

Suggest an answer