Restrict Jira edit of certain issue type for set of users or group

Santhosh Kumar Arogyaswamy August 11, 2019

I want to restrict editing the Jira of certain issue type only by set of users or group.

Example: I want to allow edit the Bug issue type only Testers or certain users.

Can someone help with this ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2019

Hello,

You can create a separate workflow for the Bug issue type and add the jira.permission.edit.group workflow property to each status:

jira.permission.edit.group=tester-group

You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/workflow-properties-861253674.html

Santhosh Kumar Arogyaswamy September 20, 2019

Hi Alex,

Yes, this is what i have done. But is there any other easy way? Because i have to keep adding in each transition.

Thanks,
Santhosh

Gustavo Segura April 27, 2021

Thanks, this works!

0 votes
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2019

you need any automation plugin which provide conditions inside the work flows. For example in Script runner, you can add condition that only a specific role can perform a transition.

Santhosh Kumar Arogyaswamy September 20, 2019

Yes, i have added in workflow transition conditions. But is there any other is way?

Suggest an answer