• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Resolution field missing on the issue layout

I have enabled the "resolution" field on every related config page, but still can't see this field on my new issue view as shown below. Below is my config as well.1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Feb 17, 2020

You probably have a post function that is overriding the chosen value. Edit the workflow and open the transition to done and check post functions. In the new issue view the resolution will always be there by default. 

Thanks Jack!

It was priceless hint. Removed the default "set resolution to done" post function from my workflow and it's working as expected now.

Regards

Like Jack likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted

Yeah... I had to ask to find the answer for myself. Resolution is shown on the issue view. Not sure why there is no such on the issue layout, but it's not a problem. The problem I really faced is that my "resolution transition" forces that value to "Done" instead of value specified by user.

I'm not sure how to delete this post now.

Hi!

I am a little confused by this thread. I have the exact same problem you described initially: Resolution field does not appear on the Issue layout view. I tried Editing the workflow as mentioned but encountered that the workflow I am using is the default and has a message that reads "This workflow is managed internally by Jira Software. Do not manually modify this workflow." and I could not figure out a way to create my own so that I could edit it.

How were you able to make "Resolution" field show up on issue layout?

Like Tanwa Arewa likes this

Have the same issue 

You are using a read-only workflow scheme. Go to Project Settings > Workflow Schemes. Copy the workflow scheme and make it the active workflow scheme of your project. Jira will then allow you to edit the scheme.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,121 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you