Request Created - Notification

Karin Edelsvärd April 5, 2018

Hi,

I want to customize the text written in the email notification sent to customers as a confirmation of a request being created.

I have edited the text here:

servicedesk/admin/SUP/customer-notifications/rule/7

but the text is not changed in the email when I send a test.

Would be very greatful for any advise on this.

Kind regards,

K

5 answers

0 votes

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for looking into this matter. I only have rules 7-14 in my view. And the marked rule is the rule I would like to edit. Is this not the correct rule?

Skärmavbild 2018-04-06 kl. 08.02.06.png

When i look up servicedesk/admin/SUP/customer-notifications/rule/5, I get:

An error occurred

Cannot find ruleset

Thanks,

Karin

Deleted user April 9, 2018

Hi @Karin Edelsvärd,

It seems like you are editing the correct rule "Request created" as shown in your screenshot. Please also make sure you are creating the request from the service desk project on which you have made the changes. As your portal may show all the service desk project, please make sure you are creating the issue on the project in which you have made the changes.

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

0 votes
Deleted user April 5, 2018

Hi @Karin Edelsvärd,

We noticed that you are making changes to Public comment edited which is the rule having the "servicedesk/admin/SUP/customer-notifications/rule/7" instead of "Request created" <servicedesk/admin/SUP/customer-notifications/rule/5>. Please make sure you are editing and making changes to Request created customer notification in order for the changes to get reflected when the request is getting created.

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

0 votes

Yes, this is where I save:

Skärmavbild 2018-04-05 kl. 16.34.33.png

0 votes

Hi Vijay, 

Thanks for your swift reply.

When I send a test email from where you describe. It all looks great. But when I submit a support ticket as if I were a customer, i.e. via the suuport email/support portal. The old text is shown to me.

Thanks,

K

Hi @Karin Edelsvärd,

Please make sure you are saving the changes which were made on the customer-notifications page before checking the notification as a customer.

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

0 votes

Hi @Karin Edelsvärd,

Please check if you are sending the test email from the right side of the page above the preview button as shown in the below sample screenshot. Also, make sure if you are editing the correct Event.

Customer notification.png

Suggest an answer