Report for completed task by user wise

Thiwanka March 26, 2020

Hi

Is there any way to get a report by user wise completed task. I have used to filter the issues by done status and it gives me all the done issues. But the problem of this report gives me the done who lastly updated. Please  refer the following example,

Task: Login page create

Workflow: To do -> Development -> QA -> Done

1. Assign this task to my developer: user - A

2. After development this task going to QA: user B

3. After QA completed user B transfer task to done status.

When I'm getting a report for this project user wise done status it gives me all the done status with user "B". I wanted to see how many tasks have been completed or have been participated by all the users. Example task I have mentioned above have been participated by two users. User A and B.

I hope you all can understand what my requirement is.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2020

Hi @Thiwanka ,

Try to use this JQL:

status = Done AND assignee was in (User1,User2,...)

Or this one:

status = Done AND assignee was in membersOf("GroupName")

This will return all the issues which was participated by one OR more than one users.

Thiwanka March 27, 2020

Not like this. Because if I get the done status it will show me who completed the task. I wanted to see the participated users for that particular task. Then only I can get the report with each user task list he has participated.

According to the above example,

if I wanted to check how many task have been participated by my developer for a particular period, where can I get? or how can I get that report? If I selected done status, all my done task comes with QA user. because the task has been assigned to the QA user before it has changed the status to done.

Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2020

Your first question is to see how many users have been participated in all issues. I guess Jira doesn't provide reports like this, you should create it yourself. For example:

- Add a multi user-picker custom field to your project, (e.g. Field A)

- Add Post Function: "Copy Value From Other Field" , To each transition that you want to track their assignees, (Source field is Assignee, and Destination is Field A ). Each time that your specific transition is passed, previous assignee will be added to Field A and you can see all assignees in this field.

To do this, I think you'll need to have JMWE add-on, or JSU, etc.

- Now you are able to search for each user in all statuses using JQL like this:

"Field A" in ("User1")

For second report [how many task have been participated by User1 for a particular period] you can simply use this JQL:

assignee was User1 DURING (2019-03-27 , 2020-03-27) and status = Done

I hope this helps.

Thiwanka March 27, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. I will try and get back to you with the result.

Thiwanka March 29, 2020

Hi

Thank you for your suggestion. I have added a custom field called "Developer" for the screen. So, I can add my developer to a specific task. 

Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events