Remove on demand application links after migration

Marc Maessen February 24, 2014

I've recently migrated my On Demand versions of both Confluence and Jira to a On Premise version in which both Confluence And Jira run on the same VM server. It seems that I've succesfully managed to migrate and configure everything, aside from the central user management within Jira for both Confluence and Jira.

When I check the Application Links section in the Confluence configuration I can still see the links to the previous On Demand version of Jira as a System link which I cannot remove. Also there is another system link to Crowd which I also cannot remove.

I've setup a Jira link to our current On Premise version and made the On Demand version of Jira hidden in the Application links section, which seems to have done the trick as I can now once again use a Jira Macro within a Confluence page to insert Jira information in there.

I want to remove both these links to the previous On Demand versions (and if there's any other link to the previous On Demand version somewhere in either Jira or Confluence I want to remove those as well). Can anyone help me in accomplishing this?

Also, since we're only using about 40 users for both Jira and Confluence, I don't think buying the Crowd sollution is the best option for me currently so I want to have the user management for both tools done from within Jira. I've read about adding a Jira server, however since both Confluence and Jira run on the same server I'm at a loss in how I should configure this.

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give in this as this seems to be either one of the last things or hopefully the last thing preventing me from introducing the atlassian suite to our teams now that it's migrated to an internal server

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Marc Maessen February 25, 2014

Below are the 2 other Application Links shown which are linked to the previous On Demand versions which I cannot edit. I'm guessing that because of this, I cannot connect Confluence to Jira so I have a single user management sollution within Jira for both Jira and Confluence.

Suggest an answer