Remove from roadmap weekends

Igor Ordoñez February 8, 2021

Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to remove the weekends from the roadmap. I have my board configured only from Monday to Friday but then roadmap if I filter by week it show me the weekends.

JiraBoarSettings.PNG

roadmapJira.PNG

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Hi @Igor Ordoñez 

Unfortunately, it appears that configuring working days (and hours) is only a feature of Advanced Roadmaps, in Jira Premium and Enterprise:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/configuring-working-hours-and-days-998651380.html

Best regards,

Bill

Igor Ordoñez February 9, 2021

I see. Thank you.

Best regards,

Ed St. Louis February 8, 2022

@Bill Sheboy We have advanced roadmaps and we can't find any way to hide the weekends from our view. You can configure custom dates, but you cannot, as far as I can find, hide non-work days (e.g. weekends) from the Roadmap view. :(

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2022

Hi @Ed St. Louis 

First thing, I do not have advanced roadmaps so this information is from the documentation...

It appears they have removed the ability to set that information from the UX, according to this post: https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/ending-support-for-live-plans-legacy-interface-in-advanced-roadmaps-1043897534.html

However, some team management aspects of the legacy interface have gone the way of the dodo. In the improved interface, you won’t find working hours and days, skills/stages, individual absences, and virtual team members.

I couldn't find anything obvious in the help of how to do this now, and so I wonder if instead they are using both the instance settings for work days and the project's board settings for non-working days (e.g. holidays).

I recommend working with your site admin to submit a support ticket on this to learn how/if this is possible: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Kind regards,
Bill

Ed St. Louis February 9, 2022

Thanks for the help! We'll reach out to Atlassian for further assistance.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2022

Did you ever get anywhere with this - we are running into the same problem right now. Thanks :)

Like # people like this
Rob Beetel July 8, 2022

This is one of the most basic functions required. I would prefer Jira be open about their inability to do traditional project planning rather than putting out product that doesn't meet the most basic needs. I would absolutely never use Jira again. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events