Remove create issue option for select projects in JIRA

abhishek sharma February 23, 2014
Hi, We need to stop the users to create an issue for the select project in JIRA,as we need to create the ossues corresponding to that project API only.Though we have been successful in creating the same through API but not able to hide that project under create button(default). So plz help us in doing the same.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2014

Remove the users "create issue" permission.

Your process that uses the API will need to run as a dummy user who still has the permission though.

Thanks.How can i do the same. Alsp we need the users/developers to create issues in other projects.so under creatre Issue option all projects should show except that one(only through API. Only)

Can i define this permission project related?

If yes then how?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2014

I'm not going to re-type the documentation - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissionshave a go at it and let us know if you get stuck. (I'd recommend copying the existing scheme and modifying the copy, that way, if you go wrong, you can swap the project back to the old scheme)

Suggest an answer