Release Dates and Other Dates

Casey Maynard April 12, 2019

I would like to be able to have my Release Date associated with my Fix Version displayed in my JQL output as a column.

Additionally, is there a way to add other Dates (as my team needs to see when something is going to be released at a certain stages (release to test date, release to demo).

Here is my simple query >>> fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() AND sprint in openSprints()

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2019

Consider adding a date field. When you release do a bulk update and fill in the field. 

I already know that adding another custom Date field that I can query on is an option, but, we would like to avoid adding another field to every JIRA card, so adding a new Release Date field option to the Releases would be better.  

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

Hi @Casey Maynard 

Looking at a few other questions on this topic, I see that filtering and reporting on the Release Date for a Version is still not possible in Jira.  Other people have recommended two work-arounds:

• Add the release date in the version name.  That is what teams I support do.
  • Buy something in the markeplace

Best regards,

Bill

Thanks.  Sigh... just another limitation of the Atlassian products.

Is there a way for a Searchable field (like Due Date) to automatically be linked to a Release Date value so that it could be displayed?

I have access to the Portfolio Add-on could that be an option to have the Release date populated into the Target Date field there?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

Hi Casey,

I haven't used the Portfolio add-ons for a while, and my current company doesn't have them, so I cannot answer that question.

There are ways to auto-populate fields with the automation features of Jira.  You could look into creating a custom field to represent the date you want and auto-populate it.  The custom field would be accessible by filters and reporting.

Best regards,

Bill

I cannot find a way to "... auto-populate fields with the automation features of Jira..."

Suggest an answer