REST API Worklog POST

ramymn September 11, 2017

I'm working on a small project for a picky developer, he has decided that he wants to enter his time via commandline, so I'm exploring the API for that. I found the API documentation, but the fields detailed in it are marked as optional. Based on other results search results on the subject I've found, it seems like what I'm posting is correct.  

I'm using POSTMAN to eliminate other factors as I troubleshoot. I'm using Basic Auth 

Right now I'm attempting to POST to:

https://xxxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/XXX-429/worklog

And the raw data I'm sending is:

{
"comment":"test",
"timeSpent":"5m",
"started":"2017-08-31T04:24:19+0000"
}

I get a Page Unavailable Error. 

Here's the thing, if I send a GET to the same address, it pulls the worklog for the ticket perfectly, so I don't think my auth information or the URL are wrong. 

I've tried using timeSpentSeconds instead of timeSpent, with no change. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2017

Hi Rebecca,

There is an older post that appears to resolve the issue titled  Solved: API call to issue/KEY/worklog always fails with 400 or 500, never works.

I was able to verify the same behavior so please be sure to vote on the Bug ticket linked in David's answer.

Cheers,

Branden

ramymn September 12, 2017

Thanks! It works if I change the time to "started":"2017-08-31T04:24:19.000+0000"

Suggest an answer