Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Question regarding Atlassian Organizations and multiple Jira Cloud Instances

I am trying to get more insight into how Organizations work. My company has multiple teams using Jira Cloud at the moment, each having their own "instance" where they can manage their own projects, users, etc. However, none of the teams have set up an Organization as of yet.

My team is wanting to set up SSO / MFA for our Jira Cloud instance. However, we are concerned that creating an Organization will impact other teams who have their own instances, since we are all using the same domain name email addresses. If my team was to activate the domain as an Organization, would my team then be responsible for managing Atlassian Access across all of the different Jira instances that the different teams use? Would this affect billing rates, since we would suddenly have more users that are tied to our Atlassian Access?

1 answer

Hi Kyle,

The structure is like this:
At the highest level is the organization and each organization can contain multiple sites.
Each site contains applications (Jira Software, Jira Service Management, confluence, etc.)

The actions taken on a site as users, purchased add-ons, etc. do not affect the other sites.

The same happens at the application level, any change in the Jira Software of site 1 does not affect the jira software of site 2.

In this link I give you the documentation

Is the Organization Admin effectively the admin for all sites within that Organization, then?

One of our sites contains information that is sensitive and should not be shared widely throughout the company.  We would want to make sure that this site is locked down and can only be accessed by a specific team. 

Would managing the users for this site be something that both the Organization and Site admin would have control over?  Or does the Organization admin only have control over the SAML and SSO policy, and all user management is done by the site admin?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

198 views 6 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you