Queries on Inactive user's permission and total count of watcher's list and mailing list.

Nithin CK December 25, 2013

Hi,

I have below mentioned queries:
1. How to make bulk users inactive ?
2. How to filter out and get the exact count of Inactive users ?
3. How to filter out and get the total count of users who were only watchers (Every mail address in CC list will be added to watcher's list) and never a reporter ?
4. How to filter out and get the total count of mailing list users (i.e., mail group address which were automatically added as a user) and never logged in ?

Best Regards,
Nithin CK

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2013
Nithin CK January 2, 2014

Hi Radu,

Thanks for that plugin and it satisfies couple of my requirements like Number of non-recorded users and deactivated users but when i try to deactivate an user via that plugin it doesnt really deactivate the user.

So if someone can provide the SQL queries or a better plugin then it will be of much help.

Best Regards,

Nithin CK

0 votes
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 25, 2013

1. How to make bulk users inactive ?

Currently not possible, you may watch and vote up on this feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30708

2. How to filter out and get the exact count of Inactive users ?

You can get this information from the cwd_user table in the JIRA database, the column of interest would be 'active'. But then it depends on your JIRA version, de-activating users was quite different and not as simple in versions prior to JIRA 5.2 (or thereabout)

For the rest of your questions probably it may be slightly different depennding on the schema for your JIRA version as well. You may see if this gives you some general idea on how to start:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Database+Schema

Nithin CK December 29, 2013

Hi Taiwo,

Thanks for the answers.

I am using Jira 6.1.1 on Linux machine. If possible can you provide me the sql queries for those queries ? I am new to SQL and not good at query writing.

Best Regards,

Nithin CK

Suggest an answer