Project specific custom fields for a Select List

Harry Campbell December 7, 2022

This question pertains to Jira Server version 8.13

I am trying to set a project specific default value for a custom field that I have created. I have done this before using Contexts for custom fields. However I am running into an issue I have not seen before and I am not sure what to do.

This all pertains to a custom field I made called Bug Severity which is of type Select List (single choice) with a handful of options.

I have a global context set for the default configuration of Bug Severity that sets the default value to: Unassessed for all projects.

I create an additional context for a single project (VCS Toolkit) as shown in the first picture (JiraIssue1.png). When I attempt to set the default value for this context, the drop down menu gives me no options. I can only select None. This is illustrated in the 2nd picture (JiraIssue2.png)

Anyone know what is going on here or how to resolve this? Thanks!JiraIssue1.pngJiraIssue2.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Hi @Harry Campbell 

Welcome to the community!

From the screenshot you provided, it looks like you have not set any values for the VCSTK context. For each context you create, you have to create new options for the dropdown selections. Once you do that those options will appear as options for the default value.

Harry Campbell December 7, 2022

Ahh! I just assumed it inherited the options of the parent custom type. Good to know that it does not!

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Hi @Harry Campbell  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thanks for the screenshots. You haven't added any options in VCSTK context. That's why it's not showing option other then None. Kindly add option first in VCSTK context by click "Edit Options".  Once options are added then select default value.

Thanks

V.Y

Suggest an answer