Point upgrades in Jira 6.4

Thomas Douglas April 23, 2018

We are currently using Jira 6.4.1 with a future goal of upgrading to Jira 7.*. I would like to first get current on Jira 6.4, however. The documentation for upgrading to 6.4.2 (and my own sandbox testing) leads me to believe that all customizations have to be done on the configuration files manually after the upgrade. Is this correct? We have a Crowd installation and an add-on for SSO support so this might be tedious for us (although do-able), but I first wanted to confirm my suspicions.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Byron Douglas

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2018

Your reading is correct, it will replace config files and you'll need to re-do customisations.

I think it reports on them as it runs, but I can't remember exactly when that was added to the scripts.

I'd also say that you might not need to worry about 6.4.2 - although I would not recommend going from 6.3.anything or lower to Jira 7.0, I've never had a problem upgrading a 6.4.x to 7.0 without going to the latest point release.

Thomas Douglas April 23, 2018

Thanks a lot. Great to know I can safely skip the point release upgrades.

Suggest an answer