Plugin Information

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

Guys

I have recently upgraded my jira instance. As I understand there are certain plugins that come bundled in with the new version and there are plugins that we manually add as per need.

My question is how do i identify which plugins were manually added by people as I would only need to upgrade those ones?

Will the plugins section in the start-up logs give me that information?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

The logs also contains a section "___ User Plugins ____" which lists the plugins coming from the path JIRAHome/plugins/installed-plugins

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 1, 2013

Hi Rahul,

JIRA's Universal Plugin Manager tool will actually check and inform you of which plugins you need to upgrade, so once you have performed the JIRA upgrade you can just go to the UPM and get it automatically check, (and upgrade), the plugins for you. To do this just follow the instructions in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Updating+Add-ons

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer