Pick user from custom field for transition condition

Anna Brounstein February 12, 2014

Hello!

I would like to have a custom field in the "create screen" that allows the user to choose another user. I would then like to only allow this user to close the issue. I assume this should be done using transition conditions, however, I cannot seem to figure out how to do it. I see the option for " User Is In Group Custom Field", however, I do not want it to be any user in the group; I want the condition to be the specific user. Is this possible? I would like to avoid associating this with groups/roles/etc.

So, my questions are:

1. Can you specifiy a condition equivalent to "User in Custom Field" (not "is in group custom field") when adding a new condition to a transition.

2. I have succesffully added a custom field to the "Create action" screen to allws me to pick a user. Can I have a condition as to which users are included in this field?

Thank you very much,
AB

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2014

The "User is in custom field" condition is available in the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin. In case you are using JIRA Ondemand, this plugin is bundled and obnly has to get enabled from the Manage Add-ons section. If you use a self hosted JIRA, you can use the link above to get the plugin and install it on your instance

Anna Brounstein February 13, 2014

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Suggest an answer