Original estimate not required on issue creation, but later?

Anders Westman February 26, 2013

Hi!

Is it possible to set the "time tracking"-field to be required not on the issue creation screen, but on another screen later in the work flow?

Now when I set the "time tracking"-field to required it is mandatory even if I dont include it on the create issue screen, that seems a bit strange that a field is mandatory even if it is not included on a screen?!?

Thanks

/Anders

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2013

Hi Anders,

You may want to consider using the Field required Validator from JIRA Suite Utilities which allow you to set validators on transition in the workflow. So when user trigger the workflow with the field on screen, they would require to enter those time tracking field.

From there, you can avoid using the required option in the field configuration that would apply to every screen.

I hope that helps.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

You should definitively have a look at Jamies behaviours plugin. Using the plugin you can make fields mandatory based on transitions and workflow steps....

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours

Cheers Christian

Suggest an answer