• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Org and Site Admins can't change email addresses

We have four users we need to update email addresses for. I am a SITE ADMIN. When I click on the field in the user's profile it says it is set by an admin and won't let me edit it. I also have the ORG & SITE ADMIN account. Tried doing the same action when logged into that account, but get the same result. I can't update the email addresses for the four users. Read through all of the documentation, but can't replicate the pages in the documentation. What I tried:

Went to User Management

Clicked on the user I want to edit

It does not give me the ability to edit their email or organization information.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Oct 27, 2020

Hi David,

Is your instance a Managed Account (meaning the Domain has been verified)? If so, then you can go to the Directory (top nav option in User Management), search for the user and then change the email address there. 

Thanks for the response John. I believe the Domain has been verified; Managed Account.

Under User Management the following are the only options:

1. Users
  2. Groups
  3. Access requests
  4. Jira Service Desk

I don't see "Directory". I am currently logged in under my SITE ADMIN account.

~Dave

@David Palmer you should go to admin.atlassian.com, click on the organization you want to manage, then "Directory" in the top menu and finally "Managed accounts" in the left sidebar. If at any of these step you do not have access — you are not "Organization admin" and cannot make these changes.

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 12.37.30.png

Like David Palmer likes this

Yes - you should see it in the top nav as in the image Yevgen posted. 

I'll log into the Organization admin account again and look for that.

Was able to access from the Org admin and get most of this done so thank you for that. However, not everyone in the domain that needs access currently has it.... they aren't showing up. I re-invited them using the updated emails. 

As an aside, we have some external users (not apart of our domain). How come they don't show up in the directory? I can still access/see them when I go to specific products like Confluence.

While it looks like some kind of the UI inconsistency, logically it is correct:

• under the application you have your users, all, including from other than verified domains.
  • under Organization you have only users for verified domains, because they are part of your organizations while others aren't.

Summarizing, if you need to manage your organization users you should work in admin.atlassian.com and manipulate with a directory. Otherwise, you should manipulate with users at the application level, which will include all application users, including those outside of your organization.

Great thanks. Final question... I have two users who are a part of our domain. However, they aren't showing up like the other ones. Any thoughts as to why? They all came on board at the same time.

They aren't displayed even if you reset all filters on Directory page? That's weird. Can you confirm that their email addresses are in verified domain? Also, Access is the commercial product and comes with the support 😉 If you won't find any reasonable answer to why they aren't displayed it might be faster to contact 

Hey David - do they have the same domain in their email address? If your company is abc.com do they have emails like joe@abc.com and david@abc.com?

Yes sir they do. Just those two that are having issues. All others in our domain are good to go.

John Funk Community Leader Oct 28, 2020

Probably time to open a support ticket with Atlassian then.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please come back here and post the solution so we can help others in the future and close this post out. 

Hi All,

Need some help, I am a site admin and still cannot see any directory. I tried logging in with another site admin main account and still nothing

How to know if it is managed account or not? Sorry, I am new here

Capture.PNG

@John Cherian I would recommend you to post a separate question. In general, if you do not see any directories you may not have use Access yet.

Like # people like this

@Yevgen Lasman noted, have posted my own question 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

99 views 5 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you