Notification Email to be sent with attachment to specific user

Manu Mishra June 4, 2018

HI Team,

I need to find out a way to send email with attachment to specific user. Basically i have a filer which shows the monthly report (issues created Vs Closed/Resolved), so i want to create a trigger that will send out the email of the filter output with an attachment (e.g.. CSV file) to specific user/group on every 15 days or 30 days. 
We have a following add-ons in our current instance:

• Script Runner
  • Notification Assistance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2018

Hello,

If you have ScriptRunner, you can create a service, which would do the required job.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.0/jira/services.html

If you want to make it simpler, you can trigger a custom event in the service and use the send email ScriptRunner listener to catch the event and send a email.

Manu Mishra June 5, 2018

@Alexey Matveev How can i create "custom event in the service". Also where can i update our JQL/Filter and what will be the condition in "Send a custom email" in scriptrunner ?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2018
Manu Mishra June 8, 2018

Thank you so very much @Alexey Matveev for helping me out. You are a champ!!!

Suggest an answer