Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Not receiving email notifications

Edited

Hey, so as the title says for roughly 20 days now I am not getting any notifications from Confluence Cloud and JIRA. The details are:

1. I have checked my quarantine list and spam folder
  2. I have tried signing out and back in 
  3. I checked the email notification configuration and I still have everything enabled e.g. I am watching entire spaces (even though I am not getting notifications for email mentions)
  4. I can see the notifications in the notification bell menu

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Apr 23, 2021

Hey @Jim Oliver ,

I've cleared out a block on your email address, per the other threads you've noticed on Community. Assuming there are no other issues with your mail server that cause emails from our delivery service to bounce, your Jira and Confluence notifications should start flowing again.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Thank you.   Everything is working once again!

Hi @Daniel Eads Could you please do the same for my email i have the same issue that @Jim Oliver

Thanks a lot!

Fer

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jun 09, 2021

@Fernando Suarez I did indeed find the same issue for your email address, which has now been cleared. Cheers!

Like Fernando Suarez likes this

Hi @Daniel Eads Thank you very much.

It has been been solved. i believe that the unsubscribe all from the email marketing preferences generated this bug.

Regards,

Fer

Nijeesh I'm New Here Jul 01, 2021

Hi @Daniel Eads can you please do the same for me. I am not receiving the email notifications for the past month or so.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jul 01, 2021

Hi @Nijeesh , yes - I've confirmed the same issue for your email address. A series of errors from your company's mail server in May caused notifications to your email address to be no longer delivered. I've cleared the error out and new notifications going forward should start flowing. Cheers!

Like Nijeesh likes this

@Daniel Eads , my email address seems to be having the same issue.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jul 22, 2021

Hi @Becky Klein , our delivery logs show successful deliveries to the email address you used to post here on Community (should be able to see that email address at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email if you want to confirm). Is there a possibility that there's another email address giving you trouble?

I figured out why...I was testing some automation rules and didn't want to inundate folks with emails, so I made changes (assigned, updated, closed, etc...) and found that my notification setting is to not receive emails for my own updates.

Thanks for your help.

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Hello @Daniel Eads

Please do the same for my email I have the same issue. Thank you!

Hi, Same issue here, can someone help me please!

Like Nijeesh likes this
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 04, 2021

Hi Mario, I've answered on your standalone question. Thanks!

Like Nijeesh likes this
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 04, 2021

@Jerry Lim I've just cleared your email off the suppression list as well. Cheers!

Like Jerry Lim likes this

Hi @Daniel Eads can you please check if there is a block on our email domain?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 12, 2021

@Jeroen Overre there were a number of email addresses on your domain that appeared on the suppression list. Not knowing which ones in particular you're having difficulty with, I opted to wipe them all from the list.

For your organization, I would recommend having a site administrator go through the list of users for your organization (they can start at https://admin.atlassian.com ) and ensure that all the active users are still at your company, and all their email addresses are correct. The number of "invalid recipient" errors for your company's domain suggests that some email accounts may have been deactivated or renamed without the Atlassian accounts also being deactivated or updated right away.

Like Jeroen Overre likes this

Thank you very much @Daniel Eads . I will discuss it with my team.

I think my emails may be blocked as well as those on my team.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 13, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Volonte , welcome to the Community! I've cleared your company's domain as well. The next email attempts should be delivered to your organization's mail servers.

Hello @Daniel Eads

Please assist me with the same issue. I do not receive email notifications.

@Daniel Eads I have the same issue as described, can you please check my email address as well? TIA!

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 31, 2021

@Vladimir Alferyev you should be set now - it looks like potentially you may want to ensure your email address is correct at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email as Google had returned this error to us:

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.

Your account is old enough that I would not expect a "new mailbox" to be the cause of this based on the timeframe our mail service got that error, unless you've changed email addresses within the past couple months.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 31, 2021

@Laura Rodbro error cleared - let me know if things are not working for you going forward. Cheers!

@Daniel Eads 
Just received first notification. Thanks for the support

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Same here. Please help.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 09, 2021

Hi @Denisse Malcun , at least according to the logs I see, delivery to the address you're using to access Community is working from Atlassian Cloud services. There were many other users on your domain who encountered errors over the last year; I've cleared all of those in case you were having trouble sending an invitation to a teammate. In case that's not what the problem was, I'll need to know the domain of the email address for the person (or persons) not receiving the emails they should in order to check things out on our end. Thanks!

-Daniel | Atlassian Support

@Daniel Eads Hi Daniel, I submitted a request through Trello Support about this issue of not receiving Trello Notification emails. I haven't heard anything yet. I noticed this thread and others seem to have a similar issue. How do I get in the queue for support? I stopped receiving email notifications on Thursday, September 9th and haven't received anything to date. I can see the desktop notifications. Thanks for your help.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 13, 2021

Hi @knyce , I've cleared the error out for your address. The support issue has a note saying the error is cleared; the engineer who picks it up may double-check that you're all set when the case is assigned. Cheers!

Like knyce likes this

@Daniel Eads Thank you so much! I appreciate your time and quick response in resolving this issue. This morning noticed that my notifications emails were in my inbox again! Great customer service :)

@Daniel Eads Can you please cleared out same for my email. I have not able to received any emails.

Like Nijeesh likes this
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 15, 2021

Hi @Rizwan Mansuri,

Got you sorted. The mail server at your organization at one point had sent:

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. 

Typically happens with Gmail as a provider when there's been insufficient time between the mailbox being created and the invitations/mail from Atlassian Cloud being sent. Google seems to want a couple hours to get the inbox all configured and replicated across its environment.

You should be all set now!

Like Rizwan Mansuri likes this

@Daniel Eads 

I am having same issue, are you able to assist?

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 15, 2021

Hi @Bob H_ ,

I see that your email provider is Outlook on the backend - we're currently experiencing an issue with deliveries to Microsoft's mail services, documented on our Statuspage. Further details will be provided on Statuspage when the incident is resolved. Thanks for your patience!

@Daniel Eads , my email address seems to be having the same issue.
pls can you help..

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 21, 2021

Hi @Sirajudheen k , I've cleared your email off the list. Cheers!

It's worked now, thanks a lot.

Dear @Daniel Eads 

Can you please remove the following emails of my coworkers too..

<email addresses removed by Atlassian Support>

Thank you in advance.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 22, 2021

Hi @Sirajudheen k , your co-workers email addresses have been cleared also. Cheers!

Like Sirajudheen k likes this

Hello @Daniel Eads

Users of my company's domain have the same issue. Could you verify and cleared out the error for email addresses of my company.

Hi @STOCLIN Vincent , 

I found 6 email addresses on your domain that had at various times returned errors to our mail service. I've cleared all of these addresses from the suppression list; additional attempts to deliver email should go through going forward (assuming the mail server does not return more errors for those addresses).

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi @Daniel Eads you asked me for the domain of the person which was not receiving the emails. I am the one not receiving emails when a comment in an issue occurs even though I have a watch. My domain is firstbankpr. Hope this helps

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 28, 2021

Hi @Denisse Malcun - I'm not finding a matching Atlassian Cloud account for you on firstbankpr.com - it might be possible you're on a Jira Server instance rather than Jira Cloud. I would suggest reaching out to a Jira Administrator at your company (or the IT department if you don't know who the Jira Administrator is). They can start the troubleshooting process, and open a support case with us at https://support.atlassian.com/contact if additional help is needed. Cheers!

Hi @Daniel Eads , I am facing the same issue. I am not receiving any email notification from JIRA. Can you please check and help me out on the same.

Thanks!

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 06, 2021

Hi @Afroz Khan , looks like your mailbox had some trouble on September 28 resulting in a soft block in our mail service. I see some other emails have delivered since then, so cleared out the error in our mail service for the Jira emails. You should be all set now!

Cheers,
Daniel

@Daniel Eads , It works fine now. Thanks!

Hi @Daniel Eads

I am suddenly not receiving emails. I haven't made any changes to notifications or settings between then, when I was receiving them, and an hour later. Can you check on your end?

Thanks,

Becky

Hi, I am not receiving email notifications, and I checked junk mail and everything else.  Please help

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 15, 2021

@Becky Klein I see you were able to open a support case and get assistance already!

@Frank Corso according to our mail logs, Confluence is successfully delivering notifications to your mail server. Is there a different product you're having trouble with? Alternatively, your site is support-eligible, so you could work with your site administrators to open a support case at https://support.atlassian.com/contact and our support team can work 1:1 to check additional reasons why you might not be getting notifications you're expecting.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Community

Hello @Daniel Eads

My email address seems to be having the same issue.
pls can you help?

Kind regards,

Sven van den Ham,

<email address removed by Atlassian Support>

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 04, 2021

Hi @Sven van den Ham , welcome to the Community!

I see a successful delivery to the email address you noted in our mail logs, at this timestamp (in UTC). As I see a Proofpoint server in front of your organization, I've included the mail record so an email administrator can search for the message as well:

• 2021-10-04T09:55:17.000Z     615281cf5a612852d89b

My suggestion would be having a mail administrator check for delivery of that message ID and see if it got caught somewhere between your Proofpoint server and your inbox. Atlassian uses the following IP addresses for outgoing email, which can be added to a safelist or allowlist to ensure smoother delivery:

167.89.0.0/17, 192.174.80.0/20, 147.253.208.0/20, 168.245.0.0/17, 34.211.27.137, 34.211.27.236, 34.213.22.229, 34.249.70.175, 34.251.56.38, 34.252.236.245, 52.51.22.205, 54.187.228.111, 34.209.119.136, 34.211.27.82, 34.212.5.76, 34.253.110.0, 34.253.57.155, 35.167.157.209, 35.167.7.36, 52.19.227.102, 52.24.176.31, 54.72.208.111, 54.72.24.111, 54.77.2.231

Cheers,

Hello @Daniel Eads ,

Can you give me the domain from where the emails will be send? 

Kind regards,

Sven 

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 05, 2021

Hi @Sven van den Ham ,

Invitations and administrative-related emails generally come from this domain:

am.atlassian.com

Notifications from Jira will come from different domains depending on which site they're coming from. For Jira Cloud, most emails will come from:

jira@<yoursite>.atlassian.net

Hello,

Since a couple of weeks I stopped receiving email notifications for the repo i'am watching. 

Can you please help?

Kind Regards,

Paul

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 11, 2021

Hi @Paul van der Ven ,

Your email address was on the pause list like others on this thread, as a previous email to your address bounced back. I've cleared your address off the list and assuming you're able to receive email from other addresses as well, you should be all set.

Cheers,

Hi Daniel, its working. Thank you

0 votes

Hi all,

As this thread is growing large, you may wish to unsubscribe to email notifications about it. Ideally new questions would be asked on Community for problems like this, but this particular question does rank highly in Google search results for this issue, and it's clear to folks coming across this thread that replying will get assistance.

The downside of this is that if you've participated on the thread in the past, you're still getting email notifications when new folks reply asking for help.

To unsubscribe from this thread:

1. View it in Community: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Not-receiving-email-notifications/qaq-p/1672564
  2.  Click the "Watching" button at the bottom of the question (above all the answers)
    image.png
  3. The button will now read "Watch" instead of "Watching" - you are unsubscribed from further replies.

Cheers,

Hello @Jim Oliver 

Welcome to the community.

I have seen a handful of posts in the past where people have brought up this issue. In several cases, something has occurred where the user's email has been blacklisted on the JIRA side. Try reaching out the Atlassian Support directly to see if this is the case for you. If it is, only Atlassian Support can fix it.

Hi Trudy,

Yes I noticed that as well.   I have also created a support ticket as well, although the process for doing so was a bit convoluted and not specific for these types of issues.   Hopefully this will be resolved soon!  Thanks for your response.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

82 views 6 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you