Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Not receiving email notifications

Edited

Hey, so as the title says for roughly 20 days now I am not getting any notifications from Confluence Cloud and JIRA. The details are:

1. I have checked my quarantine list and spam folder
  2. I have tried signing out and back in 
  3. I checked the email notification configuration and I still have everything enabled e.g. I am watching entire spaces (even though I am not getting notifications for email mentions)
  4. I can see the notifications in the notification bell menu

26 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Apr 23, 2021

Hey @Jim Oliver ,

I've cleared out a block on your email address, per the other threads you've noticed on Community. Assuming there are no other issues with your mail server that cause emails from our delivery service to bounce, your Jira and Confluence notifications should start flowing again.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Thank you.   Everything is working once again!

Hi @Daniel Eads Could you please do the same for my email i have the same issue that @Jim Oliver

Thanks a lot!

Fer

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jun 09, 2021

@Fernando Suarez I did indeed find the same issue for your email address, which has now been cleared. Cheers!

Like Fernando Suarez likes this

Hi @Daniel Eads Thank you very much.

It has been been solved. i believe that the unsubscribe all from the email marketing preferences generated this bug.

Regards,

Fer

Hi @Daniel Eads can you please do the same for me. I am not receiving the email notifications for the past month or so.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jul 01, 2021

Hi @Nijeesh , yes - I've confirmed the same issue for your email address. A series of errors from your company's mail server in May caused notifications to your email address to be no longer delivered. I've cleared the error out and new notifications going forward should start flowing. Cheers!

Like Nijeesh likes this

@Daniel Eads , my email address seems to be having the same issue.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jul 22, 2021

Hi @Becky Klein , our delivery logs show successful deliveries to the email address you used to post here on Community (should be able to see that email address at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email if you want to confirm). Is there a possibility that there's another email address giving you trouble?

I figured out why...I was testing some automation rules and didn't want to inundate folks with emails, so I made changes (assigned, updated, closed, etc...) and found that my notification setting is to not receive emails for my own updates.

Thanks for your help.

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Hello @Daniel Eads

Please do the same for my email I have the same issue. Thank you!

Hi, Same issue here, can someone help me please!

Like Nijeesh likes this
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 04, 2021

Hi Mario, I've answered on your standalone question. Thanks!

Like Nijeesh likes this
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 04, 2021

@Jerry Lim I've just cleared your email off the suppression list as well. Cheers!

Like Jerry Lim likes this

Hi @Daniel Eads can you please check if there is a block on our email domain?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 12, 2021

@Jeroen Overre there were a number of email addresses on your domain that appeared on the suppression list. Not knowing which ones in particular you're having difficulty with, I opted to wipe them all from the list.

For your organization, I would recommend having a site administrator go through the list of users for your organization (they can start at https://admin.atlassian.com ) and ensure that all the active users are still at your company, and all their email addresses are correct. The number of "invalid recipient" errors for your company's domain suggests that some email accounts may have been deactivated or renamed without the Atlassian accounts also being deactivated or updated right away.

Like Jeroen Overre likes this

Thank you very much @Daniel Eads . I will discuss it with my team.

I think my emails may be blocked as well as those on my team.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 13, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Volonte , welcome to the Community! I've cleared your company's domain as well. The next email attempts should be delivered to your organization's mail servers.

Hello @Daniel Eads

Please assist me with the same issue. I do not receive email notifications.

@Daniel Eads I have the same issue as described, can you please check my email address as well? TIA!

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 31, 2021

@Vladimir Alferyev you should be set now - it looks like potentially you may want to ensure your email address is correct at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email as Google had returned this error to us:

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.

Your account is old enough that I would not expect a "new mailbox" to be the cause of this based on the timeframe our mail service got that error, unless you've changed email addresses within the past couple months.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 31, 2021

@Laura Rodbro error cleared - let me know if things are not working for you going forward. Cheers!

@Daniel Eads 
Just received first notification. Thanks for the support

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Same here. Please help.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 09, 2021

Hi @Denisse Malcun , at least according to the logs I see, delivery to the address you're using to access Community is working from Atlassian Cloud services. There were many other users on your domain who encountered errors over the last year; I've cleared all of those in case you were having trouble sending an invitation to a teammate. In case that's not what the problem was, I'll need to know the domain of the email address for the person (or persons) not receiving the emails they should in order to check things out on our end. Thanks!

-Daniel | Atlassian Support

@Daniel Eads Hi Daniel, I submitted a request through Trello Support about this issue of not receiving Trello Notification emails. I haven't heard anything yet. I noticed this thread and others seem to have a similar issue. How do I get in the queue for support? I stopped receiving email notifications on Thursday, September 9th and haven't received anything to date. I can see the desktop notifications. Thanks for your help.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 13, 2021

Hi @knyce , I've cleared the error out for your address. The support issue has a note saying the error is cleared; the engineer who picks it up may double-check that you're all set when the case is assigned. Cheers!

Like knyce likes this

@Daniel Eads Thank you so much! I appreciate your time and quick response in resolving this issue. This morning noticed that my notifications emails were in my inbox again! Great customer service :)

@Daniel Eads Can you please cleared out same for my email. I have not able to received any emails.

Like Nijeesh likes this
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 15, 2021

Hi @Rizwan Mansuri,

Got you sorted. The mail server at your organization at one point had sent:

Typically happens with Gmail as a provider when there's been insufficient time between the mailbox being created and the invitations/mail from Atlassian Cloud being sent. Google seems to want a couple hours to get the inbox all configured and replicated across its environment.

You should be all set now!

Like Rizwan Mansuri likes this

@Daniel Eads 

I am having same issue, are you able to assist?

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 15, 2021

Hi @Bob H_ ,

I see that your email provider is Outlook on the backend - we're currently experiencing an issue with deliveries to Microsoft's mail services, documented on our Statuspage. Further details will be provided on Statuspage when the incident is resolved. Thanks for your patience!

@Daniel Eads , my email address seems to be having the same issue.
pls can you help..

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 21, 2021

Hi @Sirajudheen k , I've cleared your email off the list. Cheers!

It's worked now, thanks a lot.

Dear @Daniel Eads 

Can you please remove the following emails of my coworkers too..

<email addresses removed by Atlassian Support>

Thank you in advance.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 22, 2021

Hi @Sirajudheen k , your co-workers email addresses have been cleared also. Cheers!

Like Sirajudheen k likes this

Hello @Daniel Eads

Users of my company's domain have the same issue. Could you verify and cleared out the error for email addresses of my company.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 22, 2021

Hi @STOCLIN Vincent , 

I found 6 email addresses on your domain that had at various times returned errors to our mail service. I've cleared all of these addresses from the suppression list; additional attempts to deliver email should go through going forward (assuming the mail server does not return more errors for those addresses).

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi @Daniel Eads you asked me for the domain of the person which was not receiving the emails. I am the one not receiving emails when a comment in an issue occurs even though I have a watch. My domain is firstbankpr. Hope this helps

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 28, 2021

Hi @Denisse Malcun - I'm not finding a matching Atlassian Cloud account for you on firstbankpr.com - it might be possible you're on a Jira Server instance rather than Jira Cloud. I would suggest reaching out to a Jira Administrator at your company (or the IT department if you don't know who the Jira Administrator is). They can start the troubleshooting process, and open a support case with us at https://support.atlassian.com/contact if additional help is needed. Cheers!

Hi @Daniel Eads , I am facing the same issue. I am not receiving any email notification from JIRA. Can you please check and help me out on the same.

Thanks!

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 06, 2021

Hi @Afroz Khan , looks like your mailbox had some trouble on September 28 resulting in a soft block in our mail service. I see some other emails have delivered since then, so cleared out the error in our mail service for the Jira emails. You should be all set now!

Cheers,
Daniel

@Daniel Eads , It works fine now. Thanks!

Hi @Daniel Eads

I am suddenly not receiving emails. I haven't made any changes to notifications or settings between then, when I was receiving them, and an hour later. Can you check on your end?

Thanks,

Becky

Hi, I am not receiving email notifications, and I checked junk mail and everything else.  Please help

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 15, 2021

@Becky Klein I see you were able to open a support case and get assistance already!

@Frank Corso according to our mail logs, Confluence is successfully delivering notifications to your mail server. Is there a different product you're having trouble with? Alternatively, your site is support-eligible, so you could work with your site administrators to open a support case at https://support.atlassian.com/contact and our support team can work 1:1 to check additional reasons why you might not be getting notifications you're expecting.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Community

Hi @Daniel Eads , I am not receiving email notifications, neither push mentions, can you please help?

Tks.

Like Nijeesh likes this
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Nov 08, 2021

Hi @Matheus Papini

Our logs are showing successful deliveries from Jira to your address today. Is there another email address you're using with a different site than the one you've used to comment here on Community with possibly?

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Community Support

Hi @Daniel Eads ,

I think I am facing the same issue can you check my email also. Thanks.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Dec 03, 2021

Hi @Rizwan Ghzzaal , I can confirm your email address was affected by this issue also. It looks like a site admin at your organization opened a support case, and we resolved the issue for your email address earlier today. Cheers!

Like 김영광 likes this

Hi @Daniel Eads , I have problem with email notifications too. I think we have blocked domain @konicaminolta.cz . Can you remove our domain from black list? All my colleagues have same problem. Thanks. 

Like Nijeesh likes this

Hi @Daniel Eads 

I am having the same problem - no emails at all from JIRA. Would you mind checking my email as well?

Many thanks

Hi @Daniel Eads I am having the same problem. Can you please check my email too ?

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Dec 10, 2021

@Milan Zádrapa There were 18 addresses on your domain with errors - some did not have details but a couple indicated some spam-looping. I would suggest adding Atlassian's IP range to your safe senders, or creating a mail flow rule, depending on how your provider prefers things. Details about mailflow rules are documented in this article (although I am aware your domain does not use Office365 for its mail frontend - you will need to modify these instructions for your own mail provider): Unblocking Office365 emails for Atlassian Cloud 

Like Milan Zádrapa likes this

@Rebecca Williams I've unblocked your email address and emails should be flowing correctly now going forward.

@Sherif Ali I see you've got a separate question open here on Community as well - I'll post additional information on that one momentarily.

Like 김영광 likes this

@Daniel Eads 

I am having same issue. Can you please check my email too?

Hi @Daniel Eads 

Many thanks for sorting my emails. I know some of my colleagues are also seeing the same issue. Would you also be able to check if any other email addresses with the same domain have been blocked? Thanks

Like Nijeesh likes this
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Dec 13, 2021

Hi @Rebecca Williams , I've cleared this error for 2 other email addresses on your domain as well. Cheers!

Hi @Daniel Eads 

Email notifications have not been coming to me for the past six months.

I would appreciate it if you could check my email address. Thank you.

@김영광 I have cleared your email address from the suppression list also. Cheers!

Like # people like this

@Daniel EadsI am having the same problem. Can you please check my email too ?

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jan 05, 2022

Hi @Mathias Nietlispach ,

Your email address was on the suppression list, as were a number of other email addresses at your domain. I have cleared these all from the suppression list. However, you may wish to have an Exchange Online admin follow the steps in Unblocking Office365 emails for Atlassian Cloud to ensure the same problem doesn't occur again in the future.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi @Daniel Eads

Can you please clear my email as well? I've not received Jira notifications since December 3rd 2021. 

Thank you!

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jan 06, 2022

@Lorena Brito cleared - email should start flowing now. Cheers!

Like Lorena Brito likes this

Hi @Daniel Eads Can you please clear this email <address removed by Atlassian Support> as well?

Like Nijeesh likes this
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jan 13, 2022

Hi @Andrea Marcovecchio , welcome to the Community! The email address you mentioned shows only successful deliveries in our mail system. There are two things I'd recommend doing from here:

1. Have the user confirm that emails from Jira haven't wound up in their bulk/spam folders. This particular user appears to be on a Gmail hosted domain, so have them specifically check the Spam folder in addition to any of the Updates/Social/etc tabs that Gmail users. They can try searching "in:all jira" to check all non-spam messages
  2. Use the notification helper in Jira to confirm that Jira will actually trigger an email to this person for particular events on issues. It's possible the notification scheme isn't configured the way you expect, and the notification helper can show you why. Alternatively since your site is on a paid plan, you can also open a support case to have a second set of eyes on your configurations. If you do open a support case, please include an issue key for an issue you think this user should have gotten an email notification for.

Thanks,

@Daniel EadsHi, I have the same issue. I've run the notification helper which shows no problems. I also checked spam folders and went through this check list: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/not-receiving-email-notifications-in-jira-cloud-779160705.html

At the moment we have only 2 users in our Jira Software but neither has ever received any email notifications. Could you check if our emails have been suppressed?

Thanks,

Hi 

I am having the same issue. Can not get any notification from Jira. Could you please do the same for my email as well.

Thank you in advance. @Daniel Eads 

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jan 19, 2022

@Leyla Gozalova your address is now unblocked.

@Ville-Pekka Seppä none of the four users (including yourself) on your site currently have suppressed emails, or have shown any issues with delivery in the past few weeks. I would suggest having those users check spam again or searching through their mailbox if possible, as there are only successful deliveries in our mail logs.

Like Leyla Gozalova likes this

@Daniel Eads Sorry to bother you with this and thanks for checking. The problem was indeed in the new MS Office online quarantine system that had collected loads of completely legitimate emails and had not given me any notification about that.

Can you do the same for my email as well? 

Thanks in Advance, @Daniel Eads 

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Feb 17, 2022

Hi @Divyanshu Srivastava Sorry for the delay, but I see that you created a support case over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-732414 to address this.  I did not find any current bounced records in our system.

@Andy Heinzer 

Could you please also check my email?

Weirdly, I get password reminder emails but no matter what i set in my personal prefences I won't get any email notifications for Jira ticket changes.

Can you check my email also?  Thanks!

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Mar 21, 2022

@Leonard Ehrenfried I found there was a bounced message to your address, and I removed it from our suppression list just now

@Jim Van Vorst I did not find any bounced messages to your address.  It's possible it has already been removed from our list, could you try again?

Still not getting any email.  Does Jira cloud have a "test email with logging" function?

Like Nijeesh likes this
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Mar 21, 2022

Jira Cloud does have a Send email option available to site-admins, [yoursitename].atlassian.net/jira/settings/system/send-email for example.

However this is only available to sites on a paid license plan.  In addition to this limitation, free plans are also limited to 100 email notifications per day, as we have noted in What is the Free Jira Cloud plan? So it could also be that your site has already reached that limit for today in which case, you won't see any new notifications today.

You could start an evaluation of a standard or premium plan in order to test this further.

We received no emails today, and haven't been receiving emails in quite a while.

Upgraded to standard eval, and no emails with that either using bulk email tool.

Like Nijeesh likes this

I added one of my gmail addresses as a test, and that worked, so it's not sending to our company addresses.

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Mar 22, 2022

Hi @Jim Van Vorst 

I found an old suppression for a pair of users on your domain that I have removed just now.  Try to test this again from your Jira Cloud site.  If you're still unable to receive such notifications from Jira, I recommend creating a support case so that we can investigate this further.

@Daniel Eads can you check if my email is on blocklist too? Jira emails notifications stop for me too.

Solved.

@Andy Heinzer can you check if my email is on blocklist too? Jira emails notifications stop for me too.

Solved.

Like Nijeesh likes this

Hi I think I have this issue as well. Can you looking into my email (Edited out by Atlassian Support) and can you also check the domain of (Edited out by Atlassian Support) thanks

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Nov 24, 2021

Hi @Jay Wilks , I see three successful deliveries to your email address recently out of three attempts in our mail logs. I would suggest checking the spam/junk folders in case the messages were place there - otherwise our records show that your mail server accepted delivery of the 3 sent emails.

I also did not find any current blocks on the domain you mentioned. The mail server at that domain did return a single 'delay' response earlier today, which was honored and the delayed email shows as delivered successfully.

Hello, I have same problem. Could you please help me as well? Thanks in advance!

Like Nijeesh likes this
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jan 10, 2022

Hi @Nagihan Aydınlık , I've removed your email address from the suppression list. Notifications should start coming through. If you had any pending invitations, they will need to be resent by a Jira/Confluence Site Admin or a Bitbucket repository owner. Cheers!

Thanks a lot Daniel, it worked! Cheers :)

@Daniel Eads hi,

I have the same problem. Can you please help me? Thanks

Hi @Selahattin Özen , a block on your email address has been cleared out. If you have any pending invitations, they will need to be resent. Otherwise, email should start flowing. Cheers!

Hi @Daniel Eads , @Andy Heinzer ,

I believe I'm having the same issue - could you please help? 
Cheers!

Resolved.

Like Nijeesh likes this
Xiaoxu Li I'm New Here Jun 27, 2022

@Daniel Eads Hi Daniel, could you please help have a look on my JIRA account? I have not received JIRA email notification since Mid of March.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Xiaoxu

Currently I have same issue that email notification not sent to me.

[redacted]

Could you help me to solve the issue please?

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Jul 05, 2022

Hi Miles,

I only see a single message sent your address recently. The timestamp on the delivery was 2022-06-30T06:51:36.000Z

There are no entries for that email address.  Is it possible you are using a different email address? 

You might want to reach out to a Jira Admin to see if they can use the Notification Helper to better understand if your account is expected to be receiving such notifications from Jira.

Andy

Hi @Daniel Eads - First time posting on Atlassian Community  :). Great to be here.

We are having the same issue.  It's been over a month, and we're not getting any emails.  We currently rely on Alerts, but it is hard to continue that way. I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know what to do to resolve the issue of not receiving any email notifications.  Thank you so much for your attention to this matter. Rami

Hi @Rami El-Chafei ,

I have cleared suppression errors from 5 emails from your domain. Notifications to these addresses should start coming through.

Cheers,

Like Nijeesh likes this

@Daniel Eads - Thank you.  We are now getting Email Notifications.  

@Daniel Eads hi, I have the same problem. Can you please help me? Thanks

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Apr 04, 2022

@consultoria_vite I have removed several addresses on your domain from the suppression list.  New notifications should start to appear.

Andy

Like consultoria_vite likes this

@Andy Heinzer thanks, all fixed

@Daniel Eads 

I'm having the same problem. Please help me 🙇🏻

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Apr 14, 2022

@김영광 I was not able to locate your email address on any suppression list at this time.  I would recommend checking your spam folder. If you still cannot locate these, you might want to reach out to your mail administrator. 

Additionally, you could create support ticket with our support team over at https://support.atlassian.com/contact and choose Technical issues and bugs.  Since you are the site-admin of a paid cloud site, you can create this kind of support request for a more detailed investigation here.

Like Nijeesh likes this

I am also having issues and did not receive emails notifications in a while. Can you check please?

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Nov 24, 2021

Hi @Carla Castro , I show successful deliveries from our mail service to the email address you signed in with. Looks like we have a support case and the Trello engineer there mentioned the same thing along with some additional details that should help you troubleshoot the notifications being sent.

Hello @Daniel Eads 

My email address seems to be having the same issue.
please can you help?

- I have checked jira personal email options and my google email spam folder and options.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Nov 16, 2021

Hi @준곰 ,

I've cleared out an error for your address. Notifications should start flowing again!

Cheers,

Like # people like this

Thanks for your help.

0 votes

@Daniel Eads I was directed to this thread by CostX support because users from my organization are not being sent emails by Jira.  If you could please assist that would be amazing.  Thanks!

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Jun 14, 2022

Hi Jason,

I found 3 addresses on your domain that had suppressions. 

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [CO1NAM03FT025.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com]

I have removed these suppressions from our side. 

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Jun 14, 2022

@Jason Trendel I would also recommend walking through https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Unblocking-Office365-emails-for-Atlassian-Cloud/ba-p/1870108

Daniel has written a helpful article that pertains exactly to your mail server.  Following those steps will help prevent this problem from happening again in the future.

@Daniel Eads @Andy Heinzer Hey!

Myself and my teammates Harry C and Charlie F are not receiving notifications emails that we should be since March 18th, seemingly the same issues mentioned in this thread, we'd love a bit of help please. I'm not an admin so couldn't raise a ticket. Thanks!

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Apr 27, 2022

Hi Kieran,

I have removed the suppression for your domain.  It appears that several accounts had bounce messages such as this one.

Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for
typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1
https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuch... - gsmtp
2022-03-21T06:33:05+00:00

If this problem happens again, I would push your site-admin to create a support case with our Cloud support team so we can investigate further.

Andy

0 votes

Dear  @Daniel Eads  could you please also check and unblock my account, so that I'll get notifications again? My colleague "...fryer..@..." is encountering the same issue. Maybe best to see if there are more accounts affected in our organization and unblock them all. Thanks in advance.

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Mar 28, 2022

Hi @Andreas Köck 

I was not able to find any record of bounced emails to your address from our Atlassian Cloud services.  Nor was I able to find records of *fryer*@[yourdomain].  I'm not sure what product you are using, as I don't your account to be a member of any Atlassian Cloud site or Bitbucket Cloud site. 

I recommend reaching out to your site administrator to see if they can help test send you a notification, and if you are still not receiving it, then reach out to your email administrator.  So far I cannot find any current records of a block or bounce to your account or your colleagues.

Andy

Hello @Daniel Eads

currently the problem with the email notification occurs on my account too.

I have stopped receiving JIRA email notifications since january 2022. Before that, I was able to receive all JIRA notifications on my email, there were no changes done to the settings at all.

I have also amended my Personal Settings as per the attached image. However I am still not receiving any email notifications.

The rest of my team members are able to receive the email notification.

Can you maybe check it if it is the problem?

Thanks

Hi @Dennis Geese , welcome to the Community!

Our mail service paused delivery to your address on January 11. It looks like you were able to post on another thread here on Community as well and another support engineer unblocked the email. I currently see smooth deliveries in our outgoing mail logs for your email address.

Cheers,
Daniel

@Daniel EadsHi Daniel, after Angelica Luz unblocked the email, everything works fine. But after a short period receiving JIRA email notification stopped again.

Before that, I was able to receive all JIRA notifications on my email, there were no changes done to the settings at all.

I have also amended my Personal Settings as per the attached image. However I am still not receiving any email notifications.

The rest of my team members are able to receive the email notification.

Can you maybe check it if it is the problem?

Is my Email blocked again?

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Feb 24, 2022

@Dennis Geese I found there was an additional bounce record in our system:

550: 550 5.1.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: ... in virtual mailbox table

I have cleared this from our side.  So it should not permit new messages to go out again.  However if this keeps happening, you might need to reach out to your mail administrator to better understand why this keeps happening.

Like Dennis Geese likes this

@Andy Heinzer  facing same kind of issue. Kindly help me out form the issue. 

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Feb 24, 2022

@Gowtham I removed your email address from a block list.

Like Nijeesh likes this
0 votes

Hi, I also have trouble receiving emails.  I have checked the whole suggestion list and everything is ok.  Could you please check this issue?  Many thanks.

This has been solved, thanks.

Hi @Daniel Eads

I am also encountering the same issue of not able to receive email notification, can you please help me out here.

Thank you for the support.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jan 12, 2022

Hi @Dakshata Pednekar , welcome to the Community!

Looks like you should be all set for this potential issue - your email address is not on the suppression list. If you're not receiving some emails that it seems like you should, have a site admin check the project/product configuration to ensure you've got product access and are listed on a notification scheme. In Jira, they can use the notification helper to verify if you'll get an email for certain actions.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi @Daniel Eads 

I am encountering a similar issue of not being able to receive email notifications from the Jira mail server, can you please help me out here, my email id is <removed by Atlassian Support>

Thank you for the support.

Hi @Ann Rodrigues , welcome to the Community!

I've cleared the issue for your email address, as mentioned on another reply.

Cheers,
Daniel

Like Ann Rodrigues likes this

Thank you for your support @Daniel Eads 

Like Nijeesh likes this

hey @Daniel Eads 

could you do the same for the below team members, this also does not getting any notification on mail from the Jira mail server

Thanks for the support  and fix 

Cleared for your teammates as well. I am editing the posts here to remove the email addresses (since Community is public). Cheers!

Hey @Daniel Eads  I am also not getting any mails from Jira mail server from past 15-20 days

could you clear my email from blocked list as you did earlier

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jan 11, 2022

@akshay_patil I've cleared your email address from the list, new emails should start flowing. Cheers!

Like akshay_patil likes this

@Daniel Eads  Mine issue resolve could you do the same for below team members, this also not getting any notification on mail from jira mail server

Thanks for the support  and fix 

Like Nijeesh likes this

These email addresses have been fixed, via another post on this thread.

@Daniel Eads I'm also experiencing the issue and was hoping you could clear any blocks on my email address.  Thanks!

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jan 05, 2022

@Andrew Litvak welcome to the Community and apologies for delayed response over the holidays. I see a site admin at your company was able to open a support case and get the issue resolved last week. Our logs are showing successful delivery for your email address now. Cheers!

Hi @Daniel Eads 

me and my teammate (email removed by Atlassian Support)  also encountering the same issue of not able to receive email notification, can you please help me out here.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Dec 20, 2021

@Gowtham , welcome to the Community!

I have cleared this error for you and your teammate. Google's mail servers had previously responded with this error:

This often happens when someone new is joining a company or domain, and the invitation to Atlassian Cloud or a Trello board is sent before the mailbox is ready to receive mail.

Notifications should start flowing, but if you have any invitations to products or Bitbucket repos, the invitations will need to be re-sent.

Cheers,
Daniel

@Daniel Eads  The issue is back not able to receive email notification, can you please help me out here.

@Daniel Eads One of my colleagues seems to in the suppression list as well. I created a Jira account for him before our company created his email. This should have been the problem. The user is Kenton, and he didn't receive an invitation email yet.

@Andy Heinzer 

Can you please grant him access?

Many Thanks!

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Apr 14, 2022

@Michael Arun Padamutham I found there was an entry that matched that information:

554: 554 5.7.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: Invalid-Recipient. 2022-03-29T20:10:31+00:00

I have removed this from the suppression list.

@Jim Oliver 

I'm also recently running into this issue of non-receipt of Atlassian email notifications. I have check my junk email and am watching the sites where docs are uploaded. Could you please take a look at my account and see what may be wrong? Thanks!

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Dec 20, 2021

Hi @Dean Mento , welcome to the Community!

I've unblocked emails to your address. Notifications should start flowing in again.

Cheers,
Daniel

@Daniel Eads Can you also assist with <Email removed by Atlassian Support>? She is also not receiving any email notifications.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Dec 03, 2021

Hi @Laken Litton , I've cleared out the issue for the email address you mentioned also. If you have been trying to send invitations, they will need to be resent by clicking "Resend" in the admin interface. Otherwise, regular notifications should start delivering normally. Cheers!

Dear @Daniel Eads can you pleas get a look here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Only-one-customer-never-receive-notification/qaq-p/1875968?utm_campaign=mentions_answer&utm_content=post&utm_medium=email&utm_source=atlcomm

it seems it is related a little bit and as you already investigate you can maybe quickly check email bounce  

this avoid me going forward of configuration JSM before opt in paid plan 

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Dec 01, 2021

Hi @eb ,

Thanks for the ping - I am taking a look and answering on your question. See you over there!

Like # people like this

Hi @Daniel Eads 

The same issue happened with me for 3 weeks and still have not received any email. can you help here, please?

Thanks

Rimawi

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Nov 17, 2021

Hi @Khaled Alrimawi , welcome to the Community!

According to our mail logs, deliveries from Confluence and Jira have been going through to your email address. The embedded images also have hits as recently as yesterday (indicating the emails were able to be opened). Is it possible you've used a different email account to comment here on Community than the email address you're having notification trouble with?

Thanks,

Thanks @Daniel Eads for your welcoming and your reply!

Am receiving emails from Confluence but for 3 weeks I didn't receive any email from Jira. Am using the same email account and I checked all the settings on Jira and nothing is wrong :(.

Any Advice to do?

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Nov 17, 2021

@Khaled Alrimawi our logs indicate successful delivery of emails from Jira, but I do see that only Confluence ones have been opened. I would suggest having a G Suite / Gmail administrator use the Email Log Search function to see if the Jira emails have gotten quarantined somewhere in your G Suite organization (Google accepted the delivery of the emails from our mail service, so they should be "there" somewhere). Here are a couple recent message IDs and timestamps from deliveries that they can use to search (note that I removed the domain, which you should be able to modify if they're searching based on the From: field)

Timestamp: 2021-11-17T13:49:09.000Z
Message ID: 618b54089561d9b65e0d

Timestamp: 2021-11-17T12:11:33.000Z
Message ID: 618c74f194612a988f84

Timestamp: 2021-11-17T11:46:25.000Z
Message ID: 618c91eb94612728de59

Hope that helps! If you're still stuck, I would suggest having your site admin open a support case to get additional mail logs and assistance.

Thanks @Daniel Eads you are right and it's working with me now :D 

Like # people like this

Hello @Daniel Eads , I  seem to also not recieve any notification of any kind regarding soon due or overdue items or any commentary regarding changes to cards etc. I have set all notifications and instant emails, checked my spam etc, but still nothing appears. 

It is also odd that there are only two old notifications visible under the bell icon...despite quite some things happening since those events. The activity on the other hand seems to be tracked. 

Perhaps the above fix also applies to me? Thanks in advance for looking into this. Best. Nic

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Nov 10, 2021

Hi @Nicolas Repond ,

The account you've used to comment here on Community with doesn't show the problem noted for other folks in the thread. Looks like the emails Trello is sending you are being delivered successfully, but maybe it's not sending emails for things you're expecting it to.

I would suggest going through the troubleshooting steps listed on Notifications are not working to see if any configuration changes on your Trello board will get the emails flowing again.

Cheers,

Hello @Daniel Eads

My email address seems to be having the same issue.
pls can you help?

Kind regards,

Sven van den Ham,

<email address removed by Atlassian Support>

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 04, 2021

Hi @Sven van den Ham , welcome to the Community!

I see a successful delivery to the email address you noted in our mail logs, at this timestamp (in UTC). As I see a Proofpoint server in front of your organization, I've included the mail record so an email administrator can search for the message as well:

• 2021-10-04T09:55:17.000Z     615281cf5a612852d89b

My suggestion would be having a mail administrator check for delivery of that message ID and see if it got caught somewhere between your Proofpoint server and your inbox. Atlassian uses the following IP addresses for outgoing email, which can be added to a safelist or allowlist to ensure smoother delivery:

167.89.0.0/17, 192.174.80.0/20, 147.253.208.0/20, 168.245.0.0/17, 34.211.27.137, 34.211.27.236, 34.213.22.229, 34.249.70.175, 34.251.56.38, 34.252.236.245, 52.51.22.205, 54.187.228.111, 34.209.119.136, 34.211.27.82, 34.212.5.76, 34.253.110.0, 34.253.57.155, 35.167.157.209, 35.167.7.36, 52.19.227.102, 52.24.176.31, 54.72.208.111, 54.72.24.111, 54.77.2.231

Cheers,

Hello @Daniel Eads ,

Can you give me the domain from where the emails will be send? 

Kind regards,

Sven 

Daniel Eads Atlassian