Non relevant fields in "Create Issue" template

Dmitry Skakovski March 20, 2014

I've enabled Zephyr Plugin for JIRA and there are many non-relevant fields when I create a new test case.

When I click on: "Tests-> Create a Test" it brings up "Create Issue" dialog and there are many unrelated fields there, like: 'Return on Investment" or "Customer Visible"...

Is there a way to reset the Test Case template?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Hi Dmitry,

When you first create a test, it is goin to bring up all your JIRA custom fields. This is because the issue type Test is a standard JIRA issue type. So any custom JIRA fields you have will appear here. If you do not want them here, talk to your JIRA admin. Have them not display the custom fields in the issue type Test.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Dmitry Skakovski March 25, 2014

Hi Emily,

thank you for your answer, unfortunatelly we don't have an admin to customize the template. Could you please give me an advice how to not display these custom fields in the issue type Test?

Sincerely,

Dmitry.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2014

I'm afraid Emily already has - you have to customise the fields used by the test issue type in Jira, which means you need an administrator to make changes.

Suggest an answer