Non jira users not able to create issues via email handler

Leena Bakshi February 4, 2018

Hi,

We have Jira and conlfuence and stash in our co and jira is the user management server for both confluence and stash. I recently upgraded jira from 6.4.12 to 7.3.3 and now I got to know atlassian has changed ho wemail handler works in Jira 7.0 onwards ( which is not a good chnage in my opnion)

In our setup Jira is mostly used by only IT people wherein confluence is used by both IT and business and because of this setup, to save on licenses few buisness users do not have license in jira and earlier they could create issues in jira via email handler howevere after upgrade they not able t o. and I foudn the folllowing: 

I have users who do not need access to JIRA, but still need to create issues. What should I do?

Users without JIRA access can still create issues anonymously. You can set up anonymous issue creation as documented here. Please note that this may require you to delete users who do not have JIRA access so that JIRA considers them anonymous.

Unfortunately this is not working for us as due to limited licenses I cannot add 100s of user just for them to create issues in jira. 

I have already granted anyone "create issue" permission and users are still able to create issues. Please note I cannot take them out from confluence so their entry will be their in jira user database however not for jira or jira service desk or jira core...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 answers

Suggest an answer