Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

No scroll bar in Jira on Macbook (Chrome/Safari)

I have no scroll bar in the cloud-based version of Jira on my M1 Macbook Pro. This is clearly not a browser related issue as I have tried our Jira site in the latest versions of both Safari and Chrome. 

I've noticed other discussion threads reporting the same issue and dated over the past couple of years. Please could this be investigated and resolved as it is making work with Jira far more difficult than it really should be.  

3 answers

Hello @simon_mealing 

Welcome to the community.

Be advised that this is a user community. If you want to engage directly with Atlassian Support you will need to open a support ticket from the Technical Support > Contact page, or get your Jira administrators to open one.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Do other users in your company using the same type of laptop have the same problem?

I'm the only person in my company who uses both a Mac and Jira. Most other Mac users are not involved with that side of the business. 

Thank you, I have logged a support ticket. 

Can you provide screen images of the screens where you think you should see a scroll bar on the right?

For example, in Issue View in the below screen I have no scroll bar on the far right because in the right-most pane there is nothing to scroll. In the center pane, though, there is a scroll bar because it contains more info.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 8.59.30 AM.png

After disabling and re-enabling static scroll bars and restarting the browser, the scroll bars have now appeared. 

Thank you for your help. 

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 14, 2021

where are you looking for scroll bar and not seeing it? Screenshots?

On the right side of the browser window where it supposed to be. I even have scroll bars set to always visible and it's showing in this tab now for instance and on every other webpage that I visit apart from in Jira. Scrolling using the up and down directional keys doesn't work in Jira either. 

0 votes

Have the same issue with scrolling

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

100 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you