New Expedite row added in Kanban

Francois Rheaume April 14, 2021

An Expedite row has suddenly appeared in Kanban, along with an "everything else' column.

It is not made by any of our users.

What can it be ?

Thanks

sss.png

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Hi Francois,

The Expedite swimlane will appear anytime there is an issue that has a value of Expedite for the priority. 

You can remove that swimlane if you want by going to Board Settings > Swimlanes and just delete the swimlane. 

Thank you John

Like John Funk likes this
Shari Fitz-Patrick May 20, 2022

I am having issues with the expedite query as it is affecting my other swimlane queries.  I read that you can delete it but that is not possible.  Do you have any ideas?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hi Shari,

What kind of problems are you having? And why can't you delete it? What error are you getting? 

And as a side note, it is always best to Create a new question so more people with see it and can respond to it.  :-)

Ronald Cheng March 14, 2023

Am I understanding correctly that Atlassian released a Jira cloud software version, that created an Expedited swimlane (JQL priority = Critical), without a choice for the user if they wanted it or not?

So now I have to go clean my boards, removing this swimlane if I don't want it?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2023

That is the default, yes.

1 vote
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2021

Hello @Francois Rheaume welcome to the community.

The expedite swim line comes by default in new boards and it will show there the issues with the highest priority. You could configure the board to change that of you are the board administrator.

Thank you Hernan, for some reason it only showed up today, but anyway now it is all good.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Petr Horák October 26, 2022

It would be great if anyone could check this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16543 related to these new filters. It's closed but the issue is still there and custom swimlanes are unusable due to this bug.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events