Need to know the reason why there is green tick in some sub-task when they are resolved.

Jira Billing April 17, 2024

Need to know the reason why there is green tick in some sub-task when they are resolved.

I have a parent ticket type(Service Request), when I'm creating some some-tasks under it then sometimes after resolving it a green tick appears. I want to remove it.

Screenshot (55).png

2 answers

1 vote
Bert van Dijk _TMC_nl_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

The green tick is coming from the "resolution" field. If that field has a value in the sub-task, there is a green tick.

Jira Billing April 17, 2024

Thanks for the information, is there any method by which we can remove it or hide it?

Bert van Dijk _TMC_nl_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

Yes, you can change the workflow to not set the resolution in the post function and you can hide the resolution field from any issue screen. Using bulk edit, you can change all custom subtasks.

I don't know why you would like to do this, but please know that some reports and charts are relying on the resolution field.

If this answer helps, please accept my answer.

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2024

I would strongly recommend against leaving an issue without a resolution once work on it is completed. As Bert mentioned, some reports and charts look for a value in this field, since status names (e.g. Done, Complete, Resolved) don't provide an indication to Jira that the issue has been resolved. Only the Resolution field does that.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

Hi @Jira Billing 

It denotes that the issue is completed. Why would you not want the check mark there? It is there for visual information. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events