Need some help to install Jira Software to a VPS with Webmin

Anton Perera February 27, 2019

Hi everyone,

I was trying to install Jira Software to a VPS with Webmin. Anyone has previous experience or any links or guides ?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2019

You can't do it with Webmin.  To install Jira, you need command line access so that you can run the installer (or unpack a packaged file).

Anton Perera February 28, 2019

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the response. Yeah I was looking for any guide on command line installation as the .bin file installation failed. With my further research I have found this guide and it was very helpful. Already followed many steps.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/installing-jira-applications-on-linux-from-archive-file-938846844.html

But installation failed with saying this

Wrong JVM version! You are running with .. but JIRA requires at least 1.8 to run

But when I checked java version with "java -version" command and the result is
openjdk version "1.8.0_181"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2019

That suggests the JAVA_HOME is being set incorrectly for the service.  Check what is being set in setenv.sh

Like Anton Perera likes this
Anton Perera March 4, 2019

Yeah I thought the same and tried the resetting JAVA_HOME but didn't worked and had to try another workaround found on this community which suggested to change the line below in <Jira-installation-files>/bin/check-java.sh file

Thanks mate for the support.  :)

_EXPECTED_JAVA_VERSION="8"

to

_EXPECTED_JAVA_VERSION="0"

Suggest an answer