My users are getting an error that they do not have permissions to view Gadgets in the Dashboard

Edie Hovermale May 1, 2013

My users are getting an error that they do not have permissions to view Gadgets in the Dashboard. See the exact error below.

Where can I set the permissions or change the configuration of the gadgets or filters according to the error message. I an see them just fine as an administrator but others need to see the dashboard gadgets as well.

Error:

"There are problems with the current configuration for this gadget. The errors below may have been caused by the deletion of entities required by the gadget or by changes to your permissions.

• Invalid project or filter"

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Edie Hovermale October 15, 2013

The permissions needed to be set on the Saved Filter before the Gadgets could be viewed.

7 votes
Edie Hovermale May 2, 2013

OK, I found where to set permissions on filters. Here is how to do it:

1) Navigate to you filter: Issues/<your filter>

2) At the top of the Issues Navigator page there is a link next to the Save as button called "Details"

3) Click on "Details", you will see the "Edit Permissions" link

4) Choose on the "Edit Permissions" link

5) Select who you would like to "Add Shares" in the dropdown

6) Click on "+ Add" click to share the filter

Jim De Persia January 17, 2020

Thanks! this worked

1 vote
Nayemul Chowdhury October 27, 2014

Excellent resolution, worked perfect for me!!

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

Well the error is quite descriptive itself right? The user does not have the rights to view the project or filter.

You would need to find the owner of the dashboard and tweak the gadgets there. Other than that, you would need to revert the permissions that have changed.

Edie Hovermale May 1, 2013

Thanks Tim but I am the owner of the dashboard and the permissions are set to Everyone. My question is where can I set the permissions or change the configuration of the gadgets or filters. I don't see the ability anywhere.

Suggest an answer