Move a custom field to the top of Create Issue form

Amir Ahmed May 4, 2021

I have added a custom field to the Default Issue Screen and I moved it up right below ISSUE TYPE but when I go to the Create Issue page, the custom field remains below SUMMARY field.

Why does it not move up. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

I can't replicate this, I can move summary below a custom field on create.

Are you sure you are editing the right screen for that project/issue type?   And what version of Server are you on?

Amir Ahmed May 4, 2021

Jira version 8.4.2

The screen looks like this for example, the fields are

Project: This is drop down

Issue Type: This is a drop down

There is a line right below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary:

Custom field 1:

Custom field 2:

My question is can I move the custom field 1 and custom field 1 to right above the line and right below the Project field ?

I tried it but it will not move up , it continues to stay below SUMMARY.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

You cannot move anything above the line - project and issue type are structural and determine all of the other fields.

You should be able to move Summary down the list though.  Could you show us the screen (list of fields) for the create action on this project/issuetype?

Suggest an answer