Milestone Markers for Jira Advanced Roadmaps

Dieter Reuther June 10, 2020

Is there a way to add Milestone Markers to a an advanced roadmap? Similar to the Current Date marker. This seems to be a basic functionality of a planning tool but I haven't found anything yet.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tilman Mürle July 15, 2020

Hi Dieter,

Advanced Roadmaps for Jira uses the mechanism of releases to show "milestones".

If you define versions with an end date (and a start date), they'll appear on your plan in the timeline section and you can also show them as markers. More details can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapsserver/monitoring-releases-967895276.html.

Best
Tilman

bernadette.capozzi July 17, 2020

Hi...I'm working off the cloud version and it's different from the server. I am also looking to have milestone markers (Dev / UAT / SIT / Train / Deploy) within my EPIC timeline, does anyone know if that is possible? This give us a holistic view of the EPIC rather at the story level for the entire EPIC. I've added custom fields which we populate this information into the EPIC ticket, and then added to the my plan with the EPIC start and end DATE. those dates do not populate on the EPIC timeline, and that what we really need.

Any insight would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you

Like # people like this
Like # people like this
0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2021

Hi @Dieter Reuther,

Try the Release Burnup Burndown Chart offered by our Great Gadgets app. It allows you to display  milestones for the release in the burndown/burnup chart. A past milestone will be displayed in red color, if the Remaining work at that time was higher than Ideal Burndown, or in green color if it was lower, thus indicating if the milestone was reached or not.

ReleaseBurndownWithForecastAndmilestones.png

For any questions or suggestions, contact support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut

consultant-embrenchia.snyman January 20, 2022

The app is really expensive when you have +- 1000 users and growing.

Dave Collins August 8, 2022

love the Great Gadgets app, but that is not what is being asked for. @Dieter Reuther 

0 votes
Alex R. June 16, 2020

I am on the new gen, and they dont have it there. You can add milestone markers in Confluence tho if you need to present your project timeline for your team or client

Will J
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2020

@Alex R. I know this is the wrong thread for this, but I just saw your question on the Agile AMA about getting your devs to use Jira and wanted to make a few suggestions; especially around not actually getting them to log into Jira to manage their work!

- Automations are super handy, and can be triggered as your devs make a new pull request or commit code back, as long as they have the issue key in the commit message: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automation-triggers/

- You could also set up issue summary emails to go out at regular intervals, where they can see a summary of their assigned issues and quickly jump into Jira to response to them. You can use this as the basis of a daily 'standup' meeting, if that's useful.

- You can use the Slack / MS Teams integration to remind your devs to update their issues

- The VS Code integration means they can see the Jira issues within their coding environment

Hope these help, let us know how you go!

Jason Stein January 11, 2022

Will J, 

How do you setup issue summary emails to go out at regular intervals?

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events