Logo Position

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2011

how can do centre the logo ?by default it is on the left

i am using atlassian-jira-4.3.4

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 20, 2011

Top left is really the best and most recognised place to put your logo/home page link, so reflect before making this change.

Browse to...

JIRA <tt>Administration | Options & Settings | Announcement Banner</tt>

Append the following:

<style>
#header-top {
text-align: center;
}

#logo {
float: none; /* reset the float:left property */
}

#header-top div.aui-dd-parent {
margin-top: -24px; /* You may need to adjust this a little */
}
</style>

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2011
I am using atlassian-jira-4.3.4 please help
Jason Jason June 20, 2011
David, that's such a dirty hack. I think its awesome.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2011
Nice hack David! Samir, if you use this, then bear in mind that the only problem is that you have to remember to retain it when using the banner for other stuff. So write it down somewhere and keep it in case you accidentally wipe it out.
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 21, 2011
@Jason Fried: Yes, filthy dirty, so remember to take a shower after doing this. Btw: I prefer the logo on the left.
Marketplace Partner
June 21, 2011
@Samir Freelance: Doesn't this work on your Jira 4.3.4? It does on mine.
Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2011
David I couldn t find the file so i can edit where is it located please keep in mind that i am using 4.3.4a. you suggested before JIRA Administration | Options & Settings | Announcement Banner but i checked ,the html code not there..
Marketplace Partner
June 21, 2011
@Samir Freelance: I meant for you to login to JIRA in a browser and then paste the HTML/CSS into the textarea at: http://jira.yourdomain.com/secure/admin/EditAnnouncementBanner!default.jspa ...then click "Set Banner". Hope this helps!
1 vote
Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2011

Thanks it is working on firefox and google chrome

but in internet explorer the logo still on the left!!!

can you please fix it

Marketplace Partner
June 22, 2011
If this fixed it, could you mark the question as answered please? I thought you already had, but it doesn't look to be the case now. -- Cheers, David
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2011

You'll need to dig into, and tweak, the core code to amend it. I looked at this a while ago, albeit for something different. I can't remember what file you need to edit, but I do remember being able to add to it quite easily. If you can tell us what version of Jira you're on, someone else might know the right file you need to edit.

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2011
Nic I am using atlassian-jira-4.3.4 please help

Suggest an answer