Kanban board prioritization and workflow management

matt.parrott March 31, 2021

I have a kanban board now with all active tickets...we use for non- software work flow management.  The board works fine, but I want to be able to create a priority within each skillset (Column).  Tickets for subtasks are linked and assigned to a given skillset.  Is there an easy way to prioritize columns.  My rows in the Kanban are defined as project status, active, pending, etc.   Each ticket is assigned a numerical priority, but that isn't helpful.  I amusing the tool to manage wrok accross a matrixed team of engineeers, quality engineer, regulatory, etc.  

2 answers

0 votes
Malte Scholz March 31, 2021

Hey Matt,

You could also try the airfocus prioritization & roadmapping platform. Here a help center article explaining how you can push the airfocus priority score to Jira. We're also more than happy to help with that. 

Best,
Malte (CPO @airfocus)

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Hi Matt,

The only way to really do something like that is to create a custom field and use values like:

A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, C1, C2, C3, etc. 

Then you would add an ORDER BY to the end of your filter using this new field.

But be aware that you would not be able to change priority by dragging cards up or down after that. 

Suggest an answer