Kanban board on large screen

vikpeacock August 25, 2015

Hi,

I work on introducing Kanban into our development process (software/electronics/mechanical). I've created a Kanban board with three columns: Open - In Progress - Done.

I created the following swim-lanes:

• Software Support
  • Software Development
  • Mechanical Support
  • Mechanical Development
  • Electronics Support
  • Electronics Development

I've connected up a 40" screen to a laptop with the intention of displaying this board to the team with the intention of improving visibility. Given standard JIRA Kanban layout, I can barely display a third of the board on the screen. Screen definition is 1920x1080 which should be enough space. 

The issue is that the cards are way too large and I can't find a way to make them smaller. I wonder if somebody else came across the same problem? Maybe there are addons that can be used instead?

2 answers

2 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015

I don't think there is. There is of course pressing the "z" key to hide the Atlassian headers and F11 to maximize the browser and that's as much as you go. Doing that gave me 2 horizontal cards extra.

vikpeacock August 26, 2015

Thank you for your reply. I do this already. I'm trying out a workaround now where I removed swim lanes and created a new dashboard for each department. I have then configured a slideshow where board switches from one team to another every minute. This gave me a little more space to work with. 

Quite a lot of space is being taken up by the items in the done column. Maybe I can change the query so that it displays items in the done column only if they have been moved there recently, otherwise it won't display them at all.

0 votes
Frank Schophuizen August 27, 2015

You could use the zoom function of your browser.

If you put your monitor upright (portrait), you have more vertical space to show cards.

Suggest an answer