Kanban board can't move multiple issues?

Timothy Harris January 26, 2015

I am wondering why I can't move multiple issues from done to closed on Kanban board?

I can move single issues with no problem.

The workflow transition is setup so that anyone with the "product owner" role can perform this transition. The permission scheme gives the product owner role the rights to close an issue.

I have the product owner role for the project.

Anyone have any ideas?

6 answers

1 vote
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018
AdminTeam EMC March 21, 2018

Done (I voted). Thanks. -Milo

1 vote
AdminTeam EMC October 16, 2017

According to this page, moving multiple issues in one go, is not supported. Check out Item (2), third bullet, where it says: "It is not possible to transition multiple issues by dragging them to another column."

0 votes
Michael Murphy June 12, 2017

I had this problem too. It turned out if I had more than one status mapped to a column it wouldn't let me drag multiple issues on a Kanban board. By just having one status per column I was able to fix this.

Not always ideal but that solved the problem for me.

Susan Alipour June 30, 2017

I have the same problem as well. There is only one status in each column and I can't drag multiple issues on the Kanban board.

0 votes
Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

There is many possibility here, it could be the workflow, it could be that the board was created with a filter wich you have not enoug permission on. I need more info about the board.

Tim Leiter April 17, 2015

Your answers don't seem to make sense. Why would this work for a single issue but fail for multiple issues. The example you give would cause a problem for moving any issue, not just multiple issues at the same time. I am having the same problems with all of my boards.

Tim Leiter April 17, 2015

I just created an brand new kanban project and board, using the default recommendation for the project flow of "Agile Simplified Flow" and have the exact same issue. I cannot move multiple items in a single drag and drop between difference columns of the board. I am using Jira 6.1.6

Travis Rogers August 5, 2015

I'm also interested in a solution for this. I am the system admin and I can't transition more than one issue at a time on any of my boards for any of the schemes and I set all of this up. I can select multiple issues and when I drag them it shows me a little red count notification indicating how many issues I'm moving, but the receiving columns won't highlight and or let me drop, however all is fine if I'm moving a single issue. Is there a setting somewhere that we're all missing?

Marian Skalsky October 6, 2016

Hi there. I'm interested in solution as well. I can pick up several issues from the scrum board, these are grouped and the tag with count of selected items is shown, but no status transition is possible. It would be very very useful.

flowjo_mg July 13, 2017

+1 on this issue!

AdminTeam EMC October 16, 2017

In 7.5.0 (Server version), I can select multiple issues in a Kanban board, but I cannot move them to a different column. (I created a plain-vanilla Kanban project with the standard, Simplified Workflow, where every column is mapped to exactly one workflow status.)

0 votes
Timothy Harris January 27, 2015

This is the column configuration:

image2015-1-27 15:58:1.png

Closed is mapped. There are no screens on the transition either. So I don't get why this doesn't work...

0 votes
Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2015

Have you checked board configuration ?

Look if the ''closed'' status is mapped in on of the columns.

(if you could screenshot the tabs of the board configuration it would help greatly laugh )

Suggest an answer