Jira Roadmap Plans: Grayed Out Tickets

Alex Poon May 24, 2021

Why is it that SCP-2893 and SCP-2931 are grayed out? In my other Jira Roadmap planner, tickets are not grayed out. 

(i.e. how do I get SCP-2893 and SCP-2931 to be the same color as SCP-2706)?

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 12.21.41 PM.png

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Poon May 27, 2021

For anyone else who lands on this question, here's a cross posted answer to my original question. Hoping I can save whoever is reading this question a click or two :) 

"I just wanted to provide some additional context to why this is happening. When you filter for issues in a plan it might be a requirement that you are able to work with the descendants of those issues. In this case all of the issues apart from one are matching the filters (which judging from your own reply to your question is because it doesn't have a label that is being filtered for).

The benefit here is that you are able to still see and work with the issue - so you would be able to add the label to the issue so that it matches the filter. If you don't want to see descendant issues like this you can unselect the "Show full hierarchy" option that appears at the bottom of the filter menu."

Nina Marshall December 22, 2021

What else could be graying out the stories besides a label.  It's confusing. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2021

Hello Alex!

Great question, and you're not the first to ask. We've similar questions regarding this. We ask you to take a look at the following post that is similar: Jira Story greyed out in Roadmap 

TL;DR: It's related to your filters and labels.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Alex Poon May 27, 2021

Awesome -- Thanks @Stephen Sifers

Like John Funk likes this
1 vote
Hex.Persephone September 8, 2023

our company is not using labels, so labels should not cause greying out

all filter criteria match, including status and components. I haven't found a logic reason some epics, some user stories are greyed out. 

Jason Jardina March 14, 2024

We are doing the same thing.  We do not filter on labels, the filter is set to labels all and we cannot figure out why some are greyed out.  We have inspected the jira tickets between greyed out and non-greyed out and cannot find any differences.  Some just go grey and some don't.  It stinks as I would have preferred to find a smoking gun in this instance.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events