Jira ID

Robin Thonhofer December 4, 2020

Hi guys,

I would like to connect our jira board with teams, but I cannot find the Jira ID, where is it located? Thanks a lot

Greetings

Robin

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2020

Hi Robin,

Are you trying to connect Microsoft Teams with with Jira Cloud or a Jira Server instance?

In Teams, there are two different connectors available:

• Jira Cloud
  • Jira Server

If you are want to connect a Jira Cloud instance, it would be the Jira Cloud connector that you need. For me, that one doesn't ask for a Jira ID. Rather it gives a Webhook URL and instructions on how to add that into your Jira Cloud site (admin permissions required)

Based on the docs here - https://www.msteams-atlassian.com/JiraServer/ - Jira ID is for the Jira Server version of the app/connector so would not be relevant if you are working with Jira Cloud.

Here's what it says about Jira ID, just in case you are on Server though:

"Jira ID

Jira ID is a unique identifier that is generated after Jira app (add-on) installation. If Microsoft Teams for Jira app (add-on) is installed in your Jira and you have the administrator permissions, you can see the Jira ID at the bottom of the configuration page in Jira. In case you don’t have administrator permissions, please contact your Jira administrator to provide you with the Jira ID from the add-on configuration page."

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events