Jira Database update passwords

Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

Hello,

I have an external database with users and passwords, the encryption on that database is sha256 how can i "upload" them into jira database, as i saw Jira has a different encryption?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2020

Hi Inglo,

at the moment the intention of doing so is probably a bit unclear why it seems a bit empty here.

If I got you right you are using external user management to authenticate your users - my missing link is where you want to upload users with a specific encrption to Jira database.

Assuming you have password hashed (encrpyted SHA2) somewhere and want to convert so you can put them into Jira database - this will not work for complex passwords as they cannot be decyrpted in a timely manner. Doing so would be needed - so you can encrypt them with the algorithm of your choice and put to database. This is just a guess, though.

In case you could explain further on what you are planning to adjust/achieve somebody from community is probably able to help.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer