Jira Dashboard

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

Hello team,

I have created the filter and now I want to merge the two status (In Test, Ready to Test) in one status (Work in Progress) . I want to show only one status in my gadget.

Is it possible that it can be achieved through gadget view or any other way?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

What gadget are you using? I don’t know of any way of combining statuses and presenting as a different status in a gadget. However you might be able to show something by status category but I’m sure if it meets your needs.

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2021

@Jack Brickey I am using two dimensional gadget and I want to show only one status i.e. Work in progress by merging the two status (Ready for test, In Test)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2021

That won’t be possible. What about displaying by status category?

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2021

Status category will give me the status for all and I don't want "Ready to Test" and "In Test" Status

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2021

Your filter can exclude those statuses so the count won’t include those.

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2021

@Jack Brickey But how can i add new status?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2021

Sorry I don’t understand your question.

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2021

@Jack Brickey If I exclude those status from my filter it won't give me the proper count. I want that count but in new status i.e Work in progress.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2021

My point was by using status category you’ll get three values: to do, in progress, done. The actual statuses underlying those status categories will not be displayed if you use status category as your display. In any event if this is not what you want and you’re looking to combine certain statuses into a single status that simply is not possible. Or rather I have no idea how that would be achieved. I guess the other thing you could consider is create your own custom field representing status and then set that value based on the actual status but that seems pretty messy to me. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hi @Sushant Verma 

Yes, and...to what Jack describes: there may be marketplace addon gadgets which can "summarize" multiple status values as one for reporting.  Please take a look there if you need to do this type of reporting often.  If not, consider exporting the data to report in an offline spreadsheet.

Best regards,

Bill

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2021

Thaks @Bill Sheboy and @Jack Brickey 

Suggest an answer