JSU Automation - list workflows where it has been used

Sue Webber September 14, 2022

Hi

Is there a way to get a list of all the workflows which have used JSU automation and which function it used ?

Similar to scriptrunner admin where you can see in which workflows scripts have been added.

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hi @Sue Webber 

I don't know if JSU have something like scriptrunner.

You can achieve this by searching it in db. Workflows are stored in db in xml format. You can easily search by looking tags:

• <arg name="jsuWorkflowParamsVersion-textValue"> - appear in conditions, validators and post-functions
  • <arg name="class.name">com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.condition.ValueFieldCondition</arg> - for conditions
  • <arg name="class.name">com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.validator.FieldsRequiredValidator</arg> - for validators
  • <arg name="class.name">com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.function.UpdateIssueCustomFieldPostFunction</arg> - for post functions

Regards,

Seba

Many thanks Sebastian. I suspected as much... thanks for confirming.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Blatant plug from an Adaptavist here - but I don't feel too bad about it as the app is $10 for all sizes of Jira install, and you can always use a trial licence and throw it away later.  It's not going to make a significant difference to my bonus if you don't buy it ;-)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225065/microscope-power-audit-for-jira-admins?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

has three reports, one of which is "what (not core Jira) classes are used in workflow functions" - it's effectively a list of all the usage of an app in all your workflows.

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2022

I didn't know that. I need to check it ;)

Installed a trial version on our Test environment, very nice.

At only $10 per year, nice utility to have.

Atlassian Support _Evolane_ October 10, 2023

Hello, 
is there a way to check this in cloud?

3 votes
Reshma Begum _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2023

JSU provides the My Workflows Section (navigate to Apps -> JSU Automation Suite -> My Workflows) that lists all the projects and workflows where JSU configurations are used.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Reshma

Suggest an answer