JQL to show all epics and stories for a parent

Vivek Balakrishnan April 17, 2024

JQL to show all epics and stories for a parent

I have hierarchy based on a Feature which is a PARENT in our board, then multiple epics and multiple stories / sub tasks

When I do with "Parent Link", the result is only for 1 Epic row....missing all the other rows

I want to query all results based on ONE or MULTIPLE Parent ID and to display all epics and stories (see attached). I want to pull all the epics and stories for the parent ID which is not possible after several attempts :(

1. Parent

2. ---Epics

3. -------Stories

4. -----------Sub/tasks

Any help is appreciated / ThanksJQL query Parent .jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sergey Papurin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024
issuekey in childIssuesOf("ABC-123")
Vivek Balakrishnan April 18, 2024

Thanks Sergey for your help, it worked like a charm and really appreciate for taking the time to read my message. I also need to filter by multiple parent ID, do I just use OR clause to join multiple filters. Please let me know....

issuekey in childIssuesOf("ABC-123") OR issuekey in childIssuesOf("XYZ-678")

Thanks again!!

Sergey Papurin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

Just use clause OR, it will add other childs of parent

Like Vivek Balakrishnan likes this
Vivek Balakrishnan April 18, 2024

Thanks Sergey!! 

Suggest an answer