JQL Query - Sub-Tasks Parent (Epic or User Story)

Lee Street January 17, 2021

Assistance required

I want to filter Sub-tasks that have a parent (Epic or User Story)

When I do a search no Epic Link is displayed, when I click on the Sub-Task and view it, an Epic Link is present

Any help would be apreciated

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2021

Unfortunately with native Jira  you cannot achieve this .

There are few plugins like Scriptrunner  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports, and other one i think is jql tricks.

I can provide you example of  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports, because i am using it extensively.

parentIssueType in ("Story", "Task")

it will get all sub tasks whose parent is story or task.

Here is the reference

https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/3375124/JQL+Reference+Cloud#JQLReference(Cloud)-ParentIssueType

Please let me know if need any other help

Ivan Pospisil January 17, 2022

This work for me: parent=SC-287

2 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2021

Hi Lee,

I can confirm that with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud you can achieve your requirement of filtering subtasks that have a parent Epic using the subtasksOf() and issuesInEpics()  enhanced search functions as documented in the pages here and here which provides examples of how this query can be used.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events