Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPD - JQL for interval field

Joel Neutzner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2024

Hi guys,

I have added a new date field to my idea which apparently creates a custom field of type jira.polaris:interval. This seems to be a new field type which accepts a start and end date.

While I got the automation working to set the field value, I am now trying to create a conditional workflow based on the start value of that field. Any idea how I access the field value and check it to be before a certain date?

I tried:

"my field" <= {{now}}

"my field".start <= {{now}}

"my field.start" <= {{now}}

The value of the field according to the API is a string like this: 

"{\"start\":\"2024-05-28\",\"end\":\"2024-05-28\"}"

I am getting the feeling that this might not be possible yet.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Rob Mkrtchian May 5, 2024

What is your use case? Why do you need to access the field value and check it to be before a certain date, e.g. to do what then? Maybe it is not possible yet, but we can find a workaround.

Joel Neutzner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

We want to periodically revisit ideas of a certain state - for example ideas which we said we want to look at in another 3 months. I do have automation that sets the interval field to the future date and I'd now like to have a periodically triggered automation, that will move these ideas to a particular state.

I do have a workaround in place which just compares string values, but it would be cool if we could actually check the date values within the interval field.

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events